JOB TITLE: Senior Project Manager - Operations
Responsible for project management and execution of major facility and equipment projects at CooperVision’s manufacturing site in Scottsville, NY. Develops and maintains the site’s Master project plan in support of long range strategic plans. As the site subject matter expert, manages and drives improvements to the project management process.
- Manage major Capacity Expansion, Process Improvement and Facility Renovation Projects for the site.
- Lead cross-functional teams to execute projects following a standard Project Management Process.
- Manage project cost, quality and timing with standard PMP tools including Gantt charts, critical path analysis, risk registers, etc.
- Lead development of project scope, justification and capital expenditure requests
- Clearly communicate status, risks and recommendations with leadership and stakeholders through regular reviews, reports and ad-hoc meetings as required.
- Develop and maintain the site’s master project planin conjunction with site and regional long range strategic plan
- Plan, Forecast and Monitor site capital spending for current and future years
- Manage and improve site project selection and prioritization process
- Lead improvement of the project management process and site capability
- Develop standard work with visual management for regular project reviews and communication.
- Improve validation process including protocol development, documentation, final reports and approval process
- Site Subject Matter Expert for Project Management
- Train and Coach other project leaders in the site
- Collaborate with regional Project Management Office for standardization and best practices
QUALITY SYSTEM RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complies with the Quality System Regulation (QSR)
- Executes job responsibilities as established in the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Follows the documentation procedures
SAFETY & OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complies with Safety and Occupational Health Policy and procedures
- Complies with Hazardous Communication program
- Notifies immediately all accidents or incidents occurred in work area
- Complies with the usage, inspection and maintenance of the personal protective equipment required, if applicable
- Promotes and maintains a safe working area and notifies any condition he/she may think might cause an accident
- Participates in the activities of the Safety and Occupational Health Program as requested.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated Project Management skills in planning, risk management and execution; Expert with project management software; PMI certification preferred.
- Strong leadership qualities with proven ability to lead and influence without direct authority .
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Independently manages multiple complex projects while meeting project requirements.
- Must be able to give clear direction, communicate expectations and provide feedback and performance evaluation to all levels of personnel.
- Knowledge and experience with Current Good Manufacturing Principles (CGMP), ISO13485, Lean Manufacturing and strong problem solving skills.
- Technical depth in Assembly/Test Automation, Injection Molding, Tooling and/or Facility Infrastructurepreferred.
- Occasionally lifts up to 35 pounds.
- Prolonged sitting in front of a computer.
- Potential exposure to caustic chemicals and/or building construction projects.
- Travel up to 10% domestic and international
- Bachelor’s degree in science, or engineeringrequired
- PMI certification preferred
- Minimum 10 years of managing capital projects in the manufacturing environment from capital appropriation to post launch close-outs.
- Medical device or Pharmaceutical industry experiencepreferred.
- LeanSix Sigma certification preferred.