This Senior Project Manager (SPM) is a career development position with personal and professional growth opportunity in our established, rapidly growing, Norfolk, VA office. The SPM will manage the execution of environmental projects targeting a mix of clients (federal, state, local, commercial) with an emphasis on Federal and DoD clients. This individual will also provide support to our existing Program Management teams. Potentially, the SPM should leverage their project and client management skills into program level management of key clients.
Candidates must have:
- A proven track record of managing environmental projects and collaborating across disparate teams to solve complex problems.
- Experience managing in support of CERCLA, RCRA, and/or the MRP that include tasks such as preparing Preliminary Assessments, Site Inspections, RI/FSs, RFI/CMSs, Corrective Measures, Remedial Designs, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Candidates must have competency in the following areas:
- Strong technical background with project management of environmental projects; having program management experience is a plus;
- Exceptional leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills, with a high-level of self- awareness and emotional intelligence;
- Proven record of building and leading teams that solve complex problems;
- Willingness to listen, learn, and apply new skills;
- Initiative to build own career and success.
- 12+ years of experience, preferably working in the environmental field (CERCLA, RCRA, MRP).
- Prior experience working on federal contracts is required; DoD contracts is highly desired.
- Project management related to environmental services is required; program management related experience is a plus.
- Education and Experience:
- BS degree in engineering is required. Advanced degree is a plus.
- Professional registration, i.e. Professional Engineer (PE) is required. PMP Certification is a plus.
- The SPM is required to lead project teams comprised of technical staff from various departments or from other Tt offices that may not be direct reports.
- In addition, mentoring and coaching may junior staff will be required.