Manage all aspects of a facilities, materials, environmental, or geotechnical engineering project to ensure that it is safely completed on time and within scope and budget. Responsible for completing the project as per its contracted scope; monitor progress and performance against the project plan. Troubleshoot and recommend or resolve operational problems and minimize delays. May be responsible for resource management, project scheduling, budgets and forecasts, and working with external vendors, subcontractors or contractors. Conducts meetings and prepares reports to communicate the status of the project to project team and client. Set priorities, assign tasks, and coordinate project staff to meet project targets and milestones. May have responsibilities to communicate with the client and deliver work products to satisfaction of client. Coordinates effort with APR to make sure that APR has opportunity to engage throughout the project, particularly at critical junctures. Is involved with approving invoices, preparing change orders, and collections.
Essential Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of a large scale and complex project.
- Works with client or NAM to define project scope, schedule and budget
- Leads interactions with client and stakeholders to ensure their goals are being considered in execution of the work
- Design, communicate, and implement a project plan for completing a project.
- Leads safety efforts including preparation and compliance with approved safety plan
- Resolve operational problems and minimize delays.
- Identify, develop, and gather necessary resources to complete the project.
- Prepare designs and work specifications; develop schedules, budgets and forecasts; select materials, equipment, project staff, and contractors.
- Estimate costs, resources, and time required to complete.
- Prepares forecasts for expenditures and manages scope, schedule to meet budget
- Monitor activities, allocate resources, and assign tasks to ensure targets are met.
- Partner with other departments or offices to secure specialized resources for the project.
- Conduct project meetings and prepare reports to communicate the status of the project within and beyond the project team.
- Coach and mentor project staff and assist them to solve problems.
- Coordinates with APR to ensure appropriate oversight is in place and sufficient time allowed for quality reviews
- Coordinates with accounting for financial management of business intelligence, invoicing and collections
- Develop understanding and be aware of project-related risk. Be familiar with what could go wrong on a project and how to protect the Company. Be familiar with company risk policies.
- Lead safety efforts for team and ensure team follows safety rules and guidelines. Responsible for creating and modeling a safe work environment; demonstrates safety practices. Promote pre-task planning for all projects.
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects. Monitor quality standards and practices. Engage APRs on projects at their onset.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline practices by the Firm including Engineering, Environmental Science or Geology and a minimum of 10 years’ related experience. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 14 years’ related experience.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Professional Engineer (PE), Professional Geologist (PG) or similar professional registration/certification relevant to the type of services and projects being managed
- Authorized Project Reviewer status preferred.