The primary function of this position is to manage, coordinate and establish priorities for complete life-cycle of projects including the initiating, planning, design, testing and implementation of business solutions designed to meet requirements of various departments in the company.
- Works independently with business partners to identify and implement medium to large technical projects, as defined by the company methodology.
- Directs system analysts, software designers, and programmers to determine best methods to achieve project objectives.
- Applies project management knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to project deliverables, processes, and systems.
- Designs project plans which identify needs and define major tasks and milestones based on scope, resources, budget and personnel.
- Provides complete visibility of projects through reporting and status meetings to leadership.
- Coordinates the development of new systems and/or applications projects, the modification of existing systems or applications and/or changes in current methods or techniques.
- Coordinates project performance with the other work of the affected department(s).
- Performs feasibility studies to ensure systems adhere to standards and meet user requirements.
- Conducts financial and budgetary analysis to define project worth and to ascertain which system best fits user needs and company standards.
- Assigns tasks and responsibilities to project team while providing direction and technical guidance.
- Oversees production of all deliverables and assesses and enforces project deadlines while working within budget restraints, company adopted standards and best practice guidelines.
- Possesses working knowledge of technical resources such as operating systems, tools, programming languages and hardware.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Conducts self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of SHP.
- Strong leadership qualities and interpersonal skills
- Highly self-motivated and self-starter
- Ability to create consensus among participants with diverging and different views
- Ability to interface with all levels of management and 3rd party vendors
- Formalized project management training / certification
- Independent thinker with a desire to drive change
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities, however will manage tasks and projects. May lead or direct the work of others to provide informal coaching advice to others and communicate to the team on industry best-practices where appropriate.
Education and Experience Required: B.S. Degree in computer related field, with core classes in computer science, programming or computer engineering, with a minimum of 7+ years’ experience. Or; an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and duties of the job as listed above.
Equipment and Software Used:
- JIRA and the Atlassian suite
- Familiarity with software development environments using Linux and Java
- Microsoft Office Products
- General office equipment
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a qualified individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position as required by state and federal law.
- Ability to sit for extended period of time - continuously
- Ability to perform data entry for extended periods of time – continuously
- This position may require occasional travel