Senior Project Managers have accountability and authority for achieving projects' objectives. They direct a multi-disciplinary team aiming to complete projects. This position will be in the New Product Development (NPD) Discipline. It is focused on leading a cross-functional team that is working both locally and remote to launch new products globally for the Interventional Spine business unit (within the Stryker Instruments division).Technical Responsibilities:
Knowledge and Capabilities:
- Lead the team in the development of the project charter and management plan. Direct, manage, monitor, and control project. Evaluate tradeoffs within the project.
- Collaborate with project stakeholders to develop, manage and own project scope. Create detailed Work Breakdown Structure.
- Develop and manage the detailed project Gantt chart. Analyze critical path, major workstreams, and intersecting milestones. Own the project schedule
- Collaborate with cross-functional managers to define project budget. Monitor and maintain costs within budget.
- Partner with the project team to create project Quality Plans using 2-3 quality planning tools and techniques. Monitor and maintain plans.
- Develop a risk management plan for the project. Identify, analyze, and understand project risks; develop and monitor a risk response plan.
- Develop a Procurement Management Plan and collaborate on the selection of procurement partners.
- Estimate, acquire and assign cross-functional project resources. Define the role, responsibility, and deliverables for each team member. Provide direct feedback to the functional manager on performance reviews.
- Develop a Stakeholder management plan for the project based on identifying, analyzing, and understanding Stakeholder expectations.
- Develop and Execute the communications management plan for the project team and the needs of key stakeholders
- Develop, manage, and contribute to the Design History File for the product(s) being developed
- Inform leadership of status, strategy, and goals in the form of professional in-person and virtual presentations
- Builds successful working relationships with internal and external personnel in various departments. Understands quality system(s).
- High in emotional intelligence and stays calm under pressure. Adept in conflict resolution
- Drive results in support of the business, even in the face of demanding timelines. Steps up to take on additional responsibility where appropriate
- Adept at team management: selects the right people for the right tasks while maintaining team morale and recognizing contributions.
- Has the ability to influence without direct authority in a way that makes others want to be on their team.
- Incorporates end-user feedback to refine scope through the project lifecycle and can communicate changes, updates, and decisions to key stakeholders
- Can understand and communicate how goals fit into broader organizational goals and prioritize tasks/schedules accordingly.
- Keeps the customer at the heart of what we do
- Exercises good judgment and can weigh benefits and risks to make solid decisions despite ambiguity
- Has a growth mindset - ability to learn quickly and adapt to a changing environment.
Preferred Skills / Engineering tools:
- Bachelors Degree
- 6 + years of experience
- B.S. in an engineering discipline preferred
- PMP or equivalent preferred