Senior Project Manager (Steel)
The Senior Project Manager (PM) will manage both Precast (bridge, garages, and architectural cladding) and Steel (bridge) projects. The Senior Project Manager is responsible and accountable for not only managing and coordinating all aspects of the project, but also the financial aspect of each project as well. The objective is to maximize the performance to budget and gross margin of each project within the context of the company philosophy. The PM will accurately project the project?s financial performance at all times. The Senior PM will be the primary customer contact after the sale. Communication needs to be frequent, proactive, professional and positive. The Senior Project Manager will also be involved in the sales and estimating process by assisting in identifying projects, assisting in preparing quantity take-offs, and during the preparation of cost estimates for the erection of bridges, both steel and precast, and precast structures such as parking garages.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Build favorable relationships with customers both existing and new in an effort to grow the company?s backlog through increase sales.
- Demonstrate ability to problem solve using the most cost effective approach.
- Experience in how job site conditions effect constructability and costs is preferred.
- Experience in estimating erection of bridge structures / precast parking garages including knowledge of applicable codes, preparation of erection procedures schematics and timeline criteria preferred.
- Can demonstrate ability to work with design drawings and schematic diagrams to complete the cost estimating process.
- Can demonstrate experience in performing project management functions with thoroughness and accuracy.
- Experience in contract management, participate in negotiations and managing within the terms of the contractpreferred.
- Ability to lead a team is required
- Possess proficient PC skills and skills in Microsoft suite and automated spreadsheet is required.
- Experience in use of estimating systems (Hard Dollar) is preferred.
- Experience with SAP software is preferred
- Ability to travel is required
EXPERIENCE AND/OR EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelors degree, Business or Engineering preferred.
Minimum of 3-5 years relevant project management experience in steel bridge and or precast bridge or garage erection.
Experience in all facets of contract administration and accounts receivables/collections required.
Prior experience in contract negotiations and demonstrated problem solving skills required.
Effective communication skills required
Proficient in Microsoft Office software, SAP and other project management programs preferred.
The Senior Project Manager is accountable to the General Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Establishes and maintains communication channels with project customers, outside agencies, and subcontractors.
- Formally documents all communications and ensures distribution to all functional areas including Sales, Estimating, Engineering, Purchasing, Operations, and Shipping.
- Reviews / comments on contracts for each assigned project.
- Administration of subcontracts and purchase orders, including expediting, invoice approval and change management.
- Sets up schedule of values for project invoicing.
- Manages / logs all documentation on the assigned projects.
- Provides monthly project costs reports / forecast report out to senior management
- Responsible for the labor and material escalation calculations for assigned projects
- Responsible for change management on assigned projects.
- Maintain a change order log. Negotiate change orders with the customer and process the associated documents.
- Evaluate project back charges, negotiate charges with the customer, elevate back charges or penalty issues to senior management.
- Communicates the contractual obligations and applicable terms and conditions associated with each project to the customer?s field contact.
- Achieves a mutual understanding to minimize potential disputes. Identifies and/or coordinates the contractual change process making sure to follow all applicable notification processes in place. In the event that agreement cannot be reached, requests assistance from the General Manager.
- Ensures that the latest erection date(s) have been considered in the preparation of the overall erection masterschedule.
- Manages the cash collection related to each project based upon the applicable contractlanguage and terms.
- When required, seeks assistance from the General Manager in reviewing available options.
- Initiates and facilitates erection planning meetings for input and general knowledge concerning upcoming work.
- Visits or coordinates the visits of job site locations to resolve and/or confirm project status.