The Senior Project Manager is responsible for planning, tracking, directing, and coordinating activities of solar projects and portfolios to ensure the successful execution of their individual schedule and budget objectives.
This position uses independent judgement, demonstrates timely and constructive communication with clients, reviews design arrangements and sequence of operations of mechanical equipment, and manages projects to contractual requirements utilizing appropriate resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represents project towards external parties such as investors, public authorities, grid operator and others
- Leads and collaborates with a team of specialists and actively participate in developing project standards
- Plans, directs and coordinates activities of projects to ensure that goals/objectives are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and budgetary
- Directs and manages one or more internal project teams; Takes responsibility for project
- Work with the engineering team to conduct site investigation and assess the technical feasibility of developing a specific solar PV project
- Serves as liaison with customers and contractors. Responsible for verifying construction quality to ensure that all work is installed in accordance with the plans, specifications, QA/QC, code & contract requirements and good construction practices
- Ensure RFI responses and requisition by EPC partners are in line with specifications and development drawings
- Develops and reviews project schedules, cost estimation, bill of materials, budgets, scopes of work, standards and quotes from suppliers.
- Management of pay application approval process in accordance with the contractual terms including review and recommendation or change order approvals
- Manages all parties involved (internal and external) and ensures professional project management from system design to construction phase
- Supervises project implementation to assure cost, time, quality and execution guidelines according to schedule.
- Assesses EPC requirements to set and manage framework of construction phase key milestones, deliverables, and timely execution of contract obligations
- Prepare updated project schedule and track key milestones and deliverables in Smartsheet for solar and battery energy storage projects
- Responsible for the Safety and Environmental compliance of personnel and subcontractors during construction in accordance with federal, state, and local laws and company policies, practices, and procedures. Ensure all personnel and subcontractors and subcontractors meet technical and safety training requirements.
- Assist internal teams with the development and implementation of QC programs to facilitate construction close out and processes
- Bachelor of Science degree in a related discipline (e.g., electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, construction management) and/or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of Commercial solar related work experience in construction management or project
- Demonstrated ability in managing projects: development, planning, installation and execution.
- Experience in handling high stress situations where tact and cooperation are crucial to cost-effective operation.
- Experience at preparing estimates and value
- Experience in directing, supervising, training employees, assigning and directing work, conducting performance appraisals, disciplining employees, and addressing complaints and resolving personnel
- Must possess a valid driver's license and the ability to operate a motor
- All candidates must have the ability to speak, read and write English.
- Experience in permitting processes with local authorities.
- Independently has overseen multi-million dollar
- Extensive work experience in management and completion of large-scale projects which include a comfortability with analyzing contractual obligations and using experienced judgement to determine proper deferment to excess requests or defense of company interests with various methods such as writing statement letters.