About The Role
SoFi is hiring an experienced Project Manager to join our software engineering development team. The successful candidate will work directly with engineering and business owners to ensure deliverables fall within established timelines and scope. They will manage and direct the implementation of small to large projects that require the definition, development, delivery and deployment of solutions that meet stakeholder needs and are compatible with business drivers.
We are looking for a creative and dedicated individual who will fit our innovative, transparent, collaborative culture. Our idealcandidate is structured, but flexible, and provides just enough formality to successfully deliver products. If you enjoy workingwith other professionals who believe in creating innovative solutions to problems, we encourage you to apply.
By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services. Ranked as one of the fastest growing fin tech companies, we look forward to having strong talents joining our team. We offer theexcitement of a rapidly growing startup with a strong leadership team.
SoFi is a new kind of finance company taking a radical approach to lending, wealth management and insurance. From unprecedented products and tools to faster service and open conversations, we’re all about helping our members get ahead and find success. Whether they’re looking to buy a home, save money on student loans, ascend in their careers, or invest in thefuture, the SoFi community works to empower our members to accomplish the goals they set and achieve financial greatness as a result. Having raised nearly $2 billion in funding since 2011 and boasting over 400,000 members and 1,300 employees, SoFi’s future is bright.
- Manage/engage with multiple software engineering projects concurrently.
- Effectively manage/engage with remote teams.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Provide single point of contact for our business partners on assigned projects. Establish and conduct meetings tocommunicate expectations, project roles, status updates, track open issues and work with all groups and clients toresolve issues as required.
- Identify risks and develop risk mitigation plans.
- Scope project and develop implementation project plan, measurable project goals, objectives, tasks, timelines and monitors progress toward achievement.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path items and follow appropriate methodologies.
- Participate in establishing policies and procedures that are consistent with overall company policies and operating objectives.
- Maintain excellent communication with all levels of management, be responsive to customers, and provide appropriate training and cross-training to other team members.
- Proven working experience as a project manager in software engineering
- Experience with delivering projects via Iterative and Agile software development methodologies.
- Desire to work in fast-paced, multi-tasking, fluid environment with ever-changing priorities.
- Flexible management style; ability to quickly adapt to diverse and changing environments and business needs.
- Strong ability to work independently and manage one’s time, with minimum oversight.
- Strong organization and execution skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to confidently handle the top responsibility for project completion.
- Strong knowledge of JIRA, Confluence, G Suite, MS Word, Excel, MS PowerPoint, Visio etc.
- Ability to stay focused on big picture, perform multiple tasks and prioritize competing responsibilities based onworkload, management directives, and customer demands.
- Interest in staying involved with fast-changing information technologies and tools
- Strong communication skills, proven ability to communicate effectively with both business and engineering staff.
- Ability to negotiate for competing resources and to generate consensus among multiple priorities.
- Experience organizing and facilitating Agile ceremonies such as sprint planning, daily standup, sprint review/demo and retrospectives.
- Experience: 5-10 years of managing software engineering projects
- Education: BS/BA preferred and/or equivalent work experience
- Certification: CPM, PMP preferred
- Employer paid lunch program, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.