SmithGroupJJR is an international idea-oriented design firm that is committed to creating inspiring places that enrich the human spirit. We believe extraordinary environments are created when the design process is based on the principles of exploration, experimentation, innovation, sustainability, research, and collaboration. Our expertise in providing thoughtful and innovative solutions keeps SmithGroupJJR at the forefront of architectural, engineering and planning firms around the world. According to the 2017 Building Design + Construction magazine “Giants” ranking, SmithGroupJJR is the 7th largest architecture/engineering firm in the U.S.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Project Manager in our Los Angeles office. We promote designs that are contextual, innovative, and respond to our clients’ needs with insight and innovation. Candidates must be proactive, motivated, and experienced in working directly with clients.
The position will include client interface, working in collaborative teams, mentoring junior staff, coordinating the work of consultants, and working together with clients, contractors and regulatory agencies. This position will also have responsibility for client satisfaction, service quality and financial performance ofprojects, including staffing and development or work plans.
Working with us, you will:
- Provide leadership and project management expertise with overall responsibility for client satisfaction, service quality and financial performance.
- Assure the project design is fully developed and complete for the entire project, design decisions are consistent throughout and translated into coherent well-organized documents using company standard methods to the greatest degree possible.
- Oversee design schedule to insure that design decisions and documentation are complete at critical milestones.
- Visits construction sites to gather information, answer contractor questions and prepare punch list as owner’s representative.
- Leads/coordinates communication efforts with client, consultants and within project team.
- Establish and monitor project budgets and schedules.
- Assist with staffing requirements of projects.
- Manage team of junior and intermediate designers and project architect on a rotating basis.
- Ensure fulfillment of all contractual requirements for professional services.
- Develop and maintain work plans.
- Reviews performance, counsels, coach and mentors individual team members.
- Assist with business development efforts. Participate in marketing proposals and interviews.
- Maintain a high profile in relevant professional organizations to promote the firm.
We are looking for:
- 15+ years of experience and/or training (or equivalent combination of education and experience) in Healthcare, Science & Technology, Higher Education, and/or Office Workplace interiors.
- Professional degree in Architecture or Interior Architecture from an accredited institution.
- Licensed Architect required.
- Demonstrated expertise in Revit, Sketch up, AutoCAD 3D, Rhino, 3D Studio Max, MS Project, InDesign, Photoshop preferred.
- LEED AP preferred.
- Experience on multiple construction types, from Type I to V.
- OSHPD experience experience required.
- Knowledge of the Southern CA client pool, preferred.
- Strong Marketing ability required.
- Ability to lead the design efforts through all stages of a project, including leadership with the client, contractors and internal team.
- Demonstrated effectiveness working in a team setting, communicating with others and with a history of customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated commitment to design.
- Excellent management, organizational and interpersonal skills.
SmithGroupJJR offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and continuing educational reimbursement. We offer 3 weeks of paid time off within the first year of employment, with the option of purchasing additional time off, and pay for 8 federal holidays. We also offer an alternative work schedule that provides employees with an additional 15 days off per year (usually Fridays) to help with work/life balance.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
SmithGroupJJR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.