Dignity Health, one of the nation’s largest health care systems, is a 22-state network of more than 9,000 physicians, 63,000 employees, and 400 care centers, including hospitals, urgent and occupational care, imaging and surgery centers, home health, and primary care clinics. Headquartered in San Francisco, Dignity Health is dedicated to providing compassionate, high-quality, and affordable patient-centered care with special attention to the poor and underserved. In FY17, Dignity Health provided $2.6 billion in charity care, community benefit, and unpaid cost of government programs.
Position Summary: The Senior Project Manager/Scrum Master (SPM/SM) - Digital Products and Delivery is accountable for managing the delivery of digital products, projects and services. This includes defining areas of responsibility including resource allocation, influencing sponsors, managing vendor developers and managing work prioritization. The SPM/SM plays an active role in making decisions involving human resources, technical and financial resources necessary to implement change for high impact environments. They design processes and structures to support enterprise wide change. In partnership with a Senior Program Manager – Products and Delivery, the SPM/SM ensures teams follow PMBOK methodology or agile development lifecycle methodology and is responsible for driving and communicating status of project/product delivery throughout the project/product lifecycle. The SPM/SM, Digital Products is expected to work autonomously and have minimal interaction with HR/Project Leader with regards to project management or scrum methodology. Through collaboration, demonstrates team leadership while focusing on items that will have project outcome implications other than expected. The SPM/SM directs by exception and is expected to contribute to the continuous improvement of the project management lifecycle and scrum methodology. Core Duties:
- Directs and consults with project/scrum team members and leadership in the preparation of project documentation, deliverables, product backlogs, milestones, resources, schedules and budgets
- Requires leadership experience in managing cross-functional and vendor development teams
- Leads Project team(s) comprised of project managers I, II, project coordinators, business analysts, applications analysts, product owners, quality assurance and developers
- Adheres to Dignity Health Project Management and Agile Delivery Methodologies as defined within the Project Management guide
- Leads teams through the agile development lifecycle and methodology when applicable.
- Removes barriers between development, Product Owners and others to drive delivery and outcomes
- Improves productivity of development teams (including development partners) through facilitation and management of various project and/or product delivery methodologies
- Responsible for driving and communicating status of project and/or product delivery
- Helps the team to continuously improve their process
- Gives feedback to the development team both during the sprint to the work accomplished by the development team as well as process and interactions
- Continues to master Agile delivery, contributing to establishment of standard methodology and release management processes and policies
- Ensures forecasted spend and labor levels are accurate and aligned to the established budget
- Adheres to IT Change Management process and policies when introducing change into production environments
- Manages product backlog and releases including release notes
- Leads Scrum meetings
- Manages sprint retrospectives, guiding the Scrum Core Team to provide lessons from the current project, if necessary
- Facilitates sprint planning
- Gives feedback regarding the achievement of the sprint goal in the sprint review
- Assists in Stakeholder identification
- Facilitates creation of the Collaboration Plan and the Team Building Plan
- Ensures back-up resources are available for smooth project functioning
- Facilitates creation of Epic(s) and Personas in partnership with the Product Owner
- Helps Product Owner in creation of the Prioritized Product Backlog and in definition of the Done Criteria, Facilitates Prioritized Product Backlog Review Meetings
- Coordinates creation of Release Planning Schedule and drives adherence
- Determines Length of Sprint.
- Assists the Scrum Team in estimating User Stories
- Facilitates the Scrum Team in creating the Task List for the next Sprint
- Assists the Scrum Team in estimating the effort required to complete the tasks agreed to for the Sprint
- Assists the Scrum Team in developing the Sprint Backlog and the Sprint Burndown Char
- Supports the Scrum Team in creating the Deliverables agreed to for the Sprint
- Ensures that the Scrumboard and the Impediment Log remain updated
- Ensures that issues affecting the Scrum Team are discussed and resolved
- Facilitates presentation of completed Deliverables by the Scrum Team for the Product Owner’s approval
- Ensures that ideal project environment exists for the Scrum Team in the succeeding Sprints
- Bachelordegree in a relevant field required (or equivalent professional experience)
- Five (5) years of Project Management and/or Agile Delivery experiencerequired
- Scrum Master certification required
- Must have the ability to manage business sponsor relationships, and navigate political landscape.
- Understanding of Finance and Accounting principles in relation to project budgets, purchasing and analysis of financial results.
- Negotiation skills
- Team Leadership
- Communication for results
- Decisiveness/Ability to make a quick assessment of the scope of an issue and provide options for its closure.
- Ability to develop strategic business cases for departmental or project specific initiatives.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project & Word as well as agile delivery tools equivalent to OneDesk, Microsoft TFS, JIRA or ZenDesk.
- In depth knowledge of Information Systems (software, hardware, network).
- In depth knowledge of the architectural system components, business processes and applications to minimize the impact of changes in soft
- Project Management experience in digital environment preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP)® Certification preferred
Job ID 2018-58861