The winner of NAIOP Chicago's Contractor of the Year award two years in a row, McShane Construction is seeking a Senior Project Manager to manage the construction of a $62M five-story, 300-unit wood-framed luxury apartment facility in Chicago's northern suburbs. Ranked by ENR among the Top 100 Contractors and Top 100 Design/Builders in the nation, McShane has built a reputation as a leader in the construction of high-quality industrial, multi-family, and commercial facilities. As a Senior Project Manager with McShane, you will advance your skills in all aspects of selling, designing, and constructing projects. This position is based in our beautiful, new Rosemont office with regular field visits to the job site expected.
Project Managers at McShane are responsible for all aspects of construction management – from inception to completion – including:
- Contract Administration: Implement the terms and conditions of the contract based upon established systems, policies, and procedures. Includes bidding, preparing contract documents, defining and monitoring compliance with documentation requirements, defining and monitoring compliance with the submittal process, and project close-out.
- Cost Management: Manage all or part of the cost of a planning, design, and construction process to remain within the owner's budget, including cost estimating, cost reporting, cost breakouts, pay requests, cash flow analysis, change orders, and forecasts.
- Schedule Management: Monitor and manage the project schedule throughout the course of the project to ensure the project is completed in compliance with the contract terms. Includes identifying the major components of the project, their sequence, and durations, utilizing scheduling software, scheduling subcontractors and deliveries, resolving time conflict issues, and/or scheduling staffing.
- Quality Management: Review, inspect, and test project systems, materials, documents, techniques, and workmanship to ensure conformance to the plans, specifications, and applicable standards. Includes the Quality Control Plan, review of shop drawings and submittals, field inspections, material acceptance, and punch list completion.
- Safety Management: Implement and monitor procedures to protect the health and safety of jobsite employees, visitors, and the general public. Includes the jobsite safety plan, safety inspections, subcontractor insurance compliance, OSHA compliance, and maintaining current OSHA training.
- Client Relations: Build and maintain positive relationships with clients based on trust and value through communication, client service, and performance. May participate in preparing or contributing to the development of proposals and proposal materials.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Architecture, or related field.
- 8+ years' experience constructing mid-rise multi-family projects including projects in the $10-$60M range.
- Requires knowledge and understanding of electrical, mechanical, structural, civil, landscaping, and architectural plans as they relate to schedules, cost, performance, and aesthetics.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work productively with clients, owners, project professionals, and field and office staff.
- Ability to proactively identify problems and propose possible solutions.
- Ability to use project management software such as CMiC (preferred), Prolog, or Primavera.
- Ability to use a computer, the internet, and the MicroSoft Office Suite.