The Senior Project Manager provides client and team leadership for the Creative Services team dedicated to the Marketing department (retail banking division) of a financial firm. He/she is regarded by the client as a trusted advisor and/or the expert for the creative team. The Senior Project Manager leads the day-to-day management and optimization of Creative Services projects for the Marketing/Product teams, assesses marketing needs, determines goals and coordinates projects for print, Web, advertising and events. He/she masters and maintains brand standards, direction and strategy and has vast knowledge of the client’s business, the competition and industry trends. The Senior Project Manager works closely with the designers, copywriter and production staff to set project milestones, create project timelines and track schedules to ensure all deliverable deadlines are met on time and on brand. This position is client-facing and requires the project manager to work with the creative team on the client’s site.
- Act as primary Creative Services point-of-contact for Marketing/Product teams.
- Partner with Marketing/Product teams to assess marketing needs, develop strategy and coordinate projects for print, Web, advertising and events.
- Lead day-to-day management and optimization of projects.
- Serves as point of escalation for client concerns and demonstrates a clear understanding of when escalation is appropriate.
- Master and maintain brand standards, direction and strategy.
- Master and maintain vast knowledge of client’s business, competition and latest industry news and trends.
- Provide point of view on best practices and solutions across functions.
- Plan, coordinate and direct Creative Services teams to ensure the briefs are executed accurately and effectively.
- Demonstrate understanding in each area of Creative Services including: print design, Web design, animation, print production and prepress.
- Provide Creative Services teams with appropriate insight into client’s strategic business and branding initiatives.
- Attend and set relevant client meetings, bringing in appropriate resources from Creative Services as needed.
- Set project milestones, create project estimates and tracks schedules
- Ensure all deliverable deadlines are met for all individuals and parts involved in the process.
- Monitor client’s budgets for accuracy and timeliness.
- Proactively sell and manage client expectations.
- Responsible for early detection of issues.
- Trains other employees as needed.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 8+ years of experience in marketing and/or advertising, with a focus on internal communications and/or brand management, project management or comparable experience with progressively expanding responsibilities.
- Well versed on Macintosh platform (OSX) and industry standard applications such as MS Office. Must be highly proficient in CS5 Design software and other applicable programs.
- Background in the financial services industry, preferably in retail banking, and/or background in advertising/design agencies
- Must be proactive, collaborative, driven and seek excellence in execution of tasks.
- Complete understanding of the “Big Picture” which allows the individual to make good sound business decisions that benefit the PMT organization.
- Strong project management skills, organizational skills and time-management skills.
- Ability to problem solving, analyze potential solutions and use good sound judgment to make decisions. Strong attention to detail is required.
- Ability to create and work with cross-functional and/or distributed “virtual” teams.
- Strong commitment to ensuring quality and exceeding customer satisfaction expectations.
- Must have the ability to work independently.
- Excellent oral, presentation and communications skills and professional client service skills
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Demonstrated ability to lead a creative team
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal skills, especially in situations involving consensus and team building with strong problem solving skills
Tracking Code 39433