Senior Project Manager –RetailConstruction
JLL is seeking an energetic self-motivated Senior Project Manager- Team Lead to join our team on a premier financial account to manage retrofit construction projects throughout an assigned region. The selected candidate will be expected to manage multiple construction projects at one time and to meet or exceed established goals including speed to market, data quality & budget. The candidate’s primary focus will be on the specific needs of the project, client, vendors, contractors, and other stakeholders but will also be required to support Team and Client initiatives for process improvement and personal career development. The selected candidate will also be required to track project financials and schedulereported status regularly.
- Professional planning and hands on management/oversight for multiple development projects.
- Manage multiple projects at various phases and in various locations, from project identification through design, planning, client approval, permit issuance, construction and financial closeout.
- Demonstrate full accountability for end to end management of projects.
- Lead project teams consisting of architects, design engineers, general and specialty contractors, property management, operating engineers, real estate brokers, environmental consultants, client Project Management Organization, client security, and client technology teams.
- Provide weekly project activity updates to Team Lead and/or Regional Manager for Project Schedule, Budget, and Risk and provide activity updated for same into Client’s Project Management web based tools.
- Develop risk management plans, and lead teams through established work authorization processes in order to ensure no impacts or incidents within critical environments or equipment.
- Apply top tier project management skills during client interactions to decipher client needs and develop project goals and scope of work.
- Oversee and prepare accurate project documentation for all phases of construction including project charter, due diligence reports, budgets, schedules, meeting minutes, financial funding requests, status reports, punch lists, and special reports on-time and in accordance with pre-established formats in order to pass all project documentation reviews with client.
- Manage vendors (GC, A&E, Security, signage etc.) to ensure full compliance with all project policies and procedures, including the formal closeout of all projects in less than 60 days after project completion
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, architecture, construction management or related field is preferred.
- Experience managing a team of project managers.
- 10 years of experience managing ground-up new construction projects required.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
- Architecture, Engineering, Project Management or LEED certification a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated experience managing construction projects, site development and understanding the site approval/entitlement process is required.
- Strong basis of knowledge in project scope development, budgeting, scheduling, risk management and contract negotiations is required.
- Previous supervisory experience with the ability to coach, mentor and train, required.
- Proficient with the use of Microsoft Office Suite, project scheduling software, and web based applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.