If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a field-based or remote role, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.In this role, you have the opportunity to
Lead the lifecycle management activities for medical respiratory devices as part of the Total Respiratory Care Project Management Office. This position will report to the PMO Director of Total Respiratory Care and be responsible for oversight of various projects to upgrade and sustain released Respiratory Care (RC) products in support of market, quality and supply chain needs. You will operate within a rapidly evolving, cross-functional, highly regulated environment. This role requires strong cross-functional business acumen, including technical, marketing, manufacturing, finance, quality, clinical, and regulatory-based knowledge. You will have high visibility in an environment focused on growth and a genuine desire to improve with support from all levels of the organization.You are responsible for
Job Skills & Knowledge
- Partnering with R&D and Business leadership to champion the Design Change Request (DCR) process for governance of all sustained RC product lines. Provide a single funnel and alignment of the business needs for all changes to fielded products. Responsible for establishing appropriate priorities that align with business needs
- Represent Total Respiratory Care for Business Market Commitment (BMC) meetings with Business Marketing leadership
- Coordinate development activities for improving designs for manufacturability, cost and quality (DFx) across the RC product portfolio
- Serve as coach and mentor to project leads to provide them operational guidance, both technically and organizationally to lead life cycle projects
- Provide regular program updates to Respiratory Care executive leadership team on life cycle projects. Maintain key program metrics for BMC Enablers and DFx activities
- Coordinating, budgeting, and scheduling program activities using appropriate project management techniques, technical judgment and interpersonal skills
- The successful candidate will actively lead and participate in periodic project meetings, design reviews, R&D reviews, manufacturing reviews, and preparing and communicating project overviews and status reports to executive management
- Work with the Project Sponsor to assure project objectives are defined appropriately
- Develop, and assure compliance to, project goals, including project schedule milestones, project budget, product cost targets, and product quality and reliability measures
- Lead the proactive identification and mitigation of project risks
- Track all issues and action items to closure
- Assure project teams follow Quality System and Business Management System processes
- Effectively use Philips Respironics systems to achieve project deliverables relative to safety, effectiveness, usability, manufacturability, reliability, cost, quality, and time to market
Innovation & Change
- Set expectations, provide resources, deliver feedback and hold team members accountable to ensure efforts are aligned and achieve planned business outcomes. Reinforce actions that accomplish expectations and take steps to eliminate counterproductive work
- An interested and engaged contributor to the team's creative problem solving and technical challenges
- Must be a well-organized, self-starter, able to function with minimal supervision and able to meet deadlines
- Ability to develop and work with a cross-functional, global project team
- Ability to communicate effectively, both with the direct project teams and the greater SRC organization
- Ability to see the "big picture" of a project, while monitoring the effectiveness and contributions of the individual project functions
You are a part of
- Be flexible and empowered to change what is not working well
- Ability to juggle competing priorities and deadlines and is willing and able to adapt to needs of business in a constant changing environment
- Composure, conflict management, timely decision making, listening skills, self-motivation, and perseverance are all requirements of this position
- Sound decision-making logic. Think logically and practically when evaluating solutions
- Ability to communicate the project status, in a clear manner, to business leadership regarding schedules, risks, budget and resources
- Must have the tenacity for combating project challenges (i.e. continuous flow of disrupting events, setbacks, and conflicts of priority)
- Facilitate the recognition of project risks, define corrective actions and track project to closure
The Total Respiratory Care Project Management Office within Research and Development that develops medical devices for the diagnosis and treatment of respiratory illnesses.To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
In return, we offer you
- Bachelor of Science in a Technology field, required
- Master's of Science or Business, preferred
- Progressive professional experience
- A minimum of 10 years professional experience directly supporting product or solution development
- A minimum of 8 years Project or Program Management experience leading cross-functional teams within a regulated industry
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Stage Gate, New Product Development supporting medical device development
- Familiarity with the principles found in the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
- Demonstrated successful results in leading technical teams within a matrix organization
- Experience managing project resources across multiple geographic locations preferred
- Medical Device experience preferred, or experience in a regulated industry environment - aerospace, defense, automotive etc.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification, preferred
Great innovations start with the people that are passionate and skilled enough to create them. As a diversified health and well-being company, Philips focuses on improving people's lives through those timely and meaningful innovations.Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video .
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person's relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran#LI-PH1
Contact If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.