TRC Companies, Inc., a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960's, is a national engineering and environmental consulting firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in industry and government, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
TRC is seeking a highly motivated Senior Project Manager to join our new Renewables Delivery Team (RDT). The successful candidate can be located near any TRC office location within the United States. A Senior Project Manager will be a highly motivated individual and a front-line client-focused leader who works with stakeholders to understand project needs and manages teams to deliver services to meet those requirements. The project manager is responsible for networking with clients to identify and define projects, developing and negotiating proposals, building teams of technical staff and sub-consultants to execute work, maintaining quality and risk management processes to keep work on track, and delivering according to scope, schedule, and budget. For this role we are looking for individuals that have experience developing, or supporting the development of, solar and/or wind projects in the U.S.
The RDT is a small, cross-functional group focused on supporting early stage renewable energy development through 30% design. The team engages with and leverages employees from across TRC's four Sectors (Environmental, Power, Infrastructure, and Oil & Gas), as well as with partners and subcontractors. The RDT has responsibility for business development and origination, project management of complex projects, client management, providing expert subject matter guidance, and tracking and reporting related to solar and wind projects.
Our Senior Project Managers:
- Manage projects, leading teams to meet scope, schedule, and budget requirements;
- Provide highly-competent technical leadership resulting in successful project delivery;
- Coordinate project workflows across multiple practice areas;
- Deliver meticulous project financial management resulting in consistently profitable work;
- Develop effective proposals resulting in the award of new work with clients;
- Engage staff through recruiting and mentorship to build and strengthen the team;
- Lead project teams across multiple assignments and projects concurrently;
- Perform regular client engagement resulting in continually expanding client trust relationships;
- Oversee preparation of technical correspondence, project proposals, technical reports, work plans, and project specifications including cost estimates and budgets;
- Lead project teams through development, design, and construction of renewable energy projects;
- Manage and participate in technical tasks such as assessments, inspections, fieldwork, sampling, regulatory and permit reviews;
- Provide compliance and regulatory support for existing and new clients;
- Review existing permit conditions for applicability, conformity with rules, and site compliance;
- Interface with regulatory agencies for permit development, negotiation, and compliance;
- Perform Quality Analysis/Quality Control of key deliverables related to projects and tasks managed, as well as projects and tasks managed by others. Responsible for implementation of firm quality procedures at project and task levels;
- Participate in key trade organizations and in the marketplace; and
- Identify and develop new business opportunities, and deliver responsive, high quality environmental/consulting services.
- B.S. in Civil/Environmental Engineering, Electrical Engineering and/or Environmental Sciences from an accredited university; Master's degree preferred
- Minimum 7 -- 15 years of relevant work experience;
- Deep understanding and knowledge of development, design and construction of renewable energy generation facilities;
- Strong entrepreneurial interest and experience engaging clients to identify and win new projects;
- Experience leading, recruiting, building, mentoring, and fostering a project team of scientists and engineers; and
- Excellent communication skills, including experience conveying technical presentations to clients and regulators.
In addition to the basic qualifications, the qualifications below are highly desired but not required:
- Professional Engineer (PE), Professional Geologist (PG).
- A minimum of five years working in solar or wind power development.