The Red Hat Consulting team is looking for a Senior Project Manager to join us in western U.S. In this role, you will manage complex projects to completion, from initiation through delivery to closure. You'll coordinate with cross-functional teams to complete distinct projects on time and within budget. As a Senior Project Manager, you'll need to be organized and detail-oriented and have substantial experience managing IT and software consulting projects, relying on traditional systems and software development methodologies. Successful applicants must reside in a state where Red Hat is registered to do business.
Primary job responsibilities
- Coordinate cross-functional team meetings between Support, Finance, Sales, Resource Management, and other teams
- Develop and effectively present and communicate content
- Coordinate and manage delivery of consulting services for assigned projects
- Coordinate with the Resource Management Office (RMO) to manage project staffing requirements
- Serve as a point of contact between the Consulting and Project Accounting teams
- Support accounting activities as required, including obtaining copies of receipts for finance invoicing queries
- Assist the Operations team in procuring subcontractors when needed
- Coach and mentor junior project managers
- Maintain professionalism when problem-solving and resolving issues
- Develop a foundational knowledge of Red Hat's technologies
- Maintain awareness of emerging Red Hat technologies
- Knowledge of specific industry project management and technical delivery methodologies like those based on the Project Management Institute (PMI), system and software development, product development, or scrum
- 5+ years of experience working as a project manager managing customer-facing IT consulting projects
- Ability to affect, inspect, and adapt company culture
- Demonstrated ability to motivate project team and individual contributors and mediate conflicts
- Experience using various project management and agile tools, frameworks, and methodologies
- Excellent customer-facing and internal communication skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to handle multiple priorities
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Frequent travel in the future will be required to work alongside leading technology, financial services, retail, telecommunication, and institutional customers, in line with Red Hat COVID guidelines
- Scrum master and project management certification is a plus
About Red Hat
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat helps customers integrate new and existing IT applications, develop cloud-native applications, standardize on our industry-leading operating system, and automate, secure, and manage complex environments. Award-winning support, training, and consulting services make Red Hat a trusted adviser to the Fortune 500. As a strategic partner to cloud providers, system integrators, application vendors, customers, and open source communities, Red Hat can help organizations prepare for the digital future.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account - healthcare and dependent care
- Health Savings Account - high deductible medical plan
- Retirement 401(k) with employer match
- Paid time off and holidays
- Paid parental leave plans for all new parents
- Leave benefits including disability, paid family medical leave, and paid military leave
- Additional benefits including employee stock purchase plan, family planning reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, transportation expense account, employee assistance program, and more!
Note: These benefits are only applicable to full time, permanent associates at Red Hat located in the United States.
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.