This will include leading design teams, delivering commercially based design solutions and managing the various deliverable; effectively scoping and packaging the work plus managing and controlling the design process from preliminary solutions and through the life cycle of the design process.
- Lead and manage projects from inception to construction completion.
- Ensure projects meet or exceed forecasted profit margins.
- Work with other managers, project engineers, and discipline leads to develop budgets, schedules and clear project delivery plans.
- Perform regular coordination/design reviews with the design and commercial teams to actively manage change and ensure timely submission of Early Warnings and Change Orders.
- Proactively drive safety and ensure that health, safety, environment and security requirements are properly considered and included in all stages of the design process.
- Drive Risk Management
- Manage the responses to design RFIs (Request for Information)
- Carry out periodic and end of phase/project reviews and audits with the contractors and design teams to ensure that lessons learned are captured, shared and used to inform/improve future project delivery.
- Professional Engineering (P.E.) license
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering major
- Minimum of fifteen 15 years’ experience managing design, including a minimum of 5 years of direct structural/bridge experience in a management capacity
- Proven track record of delivering structural/bridge projects ranging from $250 million to $1 billion or more
- Strong technically based leadership skills with proficient understanding of multi engineering disciplines and technical design standards
- Strong project management skills
- Broad knowledge of construction, design and management of structural/bridge projects
- Understanding of environmental requirements of horizontal infrastructure construction
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to form effective relationships
- Ability to travel is highly desirable