The primary responsibility of this position is to manage and meet internal and client expectations, delivering an on-time, on-budget project with high-quality deliverables. The Senior Project Manager must demonstrate leadership qualities, including conflict and issue resolution, and have the ability to work logically and systematically, with good time management; as well as, have superior problem solving and decision-making skills. This role may have supervisory responsibilities with approximately 2 – 3 direct reports.
The secondary responsibility of the position is to manage the project delivery team. You will be responsible for managing team workload and assigning projects, providing guidance, training and mentorship, managing performance and providing overall leadership for the team. You will also work closely with the Operations Supervisor, regional leadership and business development to plan and manage the overall regional workload.
The successful candidate will have an engineering background, preferably with knowledge of pipe design and hydraulics and have extensive project management experience. Structural engineering, hydraulic engineering, or condition assessment experience is a plus.
- Project Management – Define and implement project plans in accordance with the contract terms, client’s needs, and Pure Technologies’ offerings from prospect development through project planning, execution and closeout. Provide hands-on project management and actively manage the project plan, deliverables, dependencies and outcome of assigned projects to ensure projects are on-schedule and on budget.
- Resource Coordination and Management – Assemble project resources to meet project requirements. As required by the project scope, identify, qualify, and negotiate contracts with sub-consultants and sub-contractors. Manage the project team against the project plan.
- Staff Management – Mange the Dallas project delivery team. Manage team workload and assign projects, provide guidance, training and mentorship, manage performance and provide overall leadership for the team.
- Leadership – Work closely with the Operations Supervisor, regional leadership and business development to plan and manage the overall regional workload.
- Client Management – Interact with key clients on a regular basis, with the intent of creating a trusted advisor relationship. The candidate should have strong business development skills and the ability to build programs with existing and new clients.
- Internal and External Reporting – Keep internal stakeholders informed of project activities and deliverables, as well as risk and mitigation strategies. Ensure the client is informed of project and deliverable status as defined by the project scope or as appropriate to the project.
- Project Quality Assurance – Ensure project deliverables meet or exceed both client and internal expectations by implementing a deliverable quality assurance review appropriate to the project size and scope.
- Financial – Create project budgets and track project costs vs. budget on a percent complete basis. Approve project time and expense. Provide project revenue forecasts based on company revenue recognition rules. Work with the Project Accountant on project invoicing. Attend and prepare for regional project financial update meetings.
- Pipeline Condition Assessment – Condition assessment of water and/or wastewater pipelines. This may include desktop evaluations, structural design checks, inspection technology selection and/or implementation, corrosion surveys, data validations, Remaining Useful Life, Structural Curves and recommendations based on findings.
- Ability to manage key stakeholder interests, while at the same time managing conflicting priorities and business interests
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to lead and work well as part of a team
- Strong oral and written communication skills – Interacts positively with staff, general public, clients, and contractors
- Proficiency in English with excellent technical report writing skills
- Engineering consulting, construction, and/or water/wastewater experience
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, including conflict and issue resolution
- Ability to work logically and systematically, with good time management
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills plus the ability to think laterally while offering creative solutions
- IT literacy and the ability to manage electronic data
- Flexibility and the ability to manage change
- Proactive with a high level of attention to detail
- Understanding and limited functionality with ArcGIS software
- An understanding of pipeline design, structural analysis, and/or construction management is preferred.
Occasional travel (20% of time, occasionally up to 40%) in the Western U.S., possibly extended at times as required for field investigations, site visits, business development and client presentations ranging from proposals to final reports.
Education & Work Experience
Minimum Education Requirements: Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Civil Preferred) from an ABET accredited program.
Experience: Minimum of 8 years professional experience with at least 2 of those years being in a project management role. Candidate with Professional Engineering registration is strongly preferred.