The Senior Project Manager will have direct responsibility for managing training, research, and other activities of the project, Leveraging the Lectura y Lenguaje: A Collaborative Scale up of Literacy and Language for ELs in Central Indiana and the Professional and Parental Understanding for Equity in Dual-language Education (PUEDE): An Indiana Scale Up of Dual Language Education. These two, five-year projects are funded by a National Professional Development (NPD) grant from the U.S. Department of Education. The purpose of the Leveraging the Lectura y Lenguaje grant is to increase the overall literacy and English language development capacities of elementary pre- and in-service educators, administrators and family liaisons in Central Indiana. Working in partnership with 4 school corporations and a community organization, the project aims to: (1) increase the number of in-service teachers though Purdue's English Language Learner licensure program, (2) improve Purdue's pre-service EL teacher preparation, and (3) engage families, schools and community agencies in literacy partnerships, maximizing the role of parents in EL student’s academic achievement and English language learning.
The purpose of the second grant, Professional and Parental Understanding for Equity in Dual-language Education (PUEDE) works in partnership with 2 school districts and 2 community organizations, the purpose of this grant is to increase the number and quality of pre- and in-service dual language bilingual education teachers through Purdue's English Language Learner teacher licensure program, Dual Language Bilingual Education (DLBE) graduate certificate program, and improved Spanish proficiency. The project also aims to engage bilingual families, district family liaisons, teachers, and community organizations to improve DLBE programs, support EL students’ bilingual, biliteracy, and academic development, and form a statewide network to develop and expand DLBE.
The Senior Project Manager’s main responsibilities include the leadership and oversight of all evaluation components of the grant that are quantitative, specifically the instructional interventions being applied to practicing teachers participating in the project. The Senior Project Manager will ensure that all project timelines and benchmarks are met; supervision and collaboration of Project Manager, coordination with the principal investigators and other members the research team; training and supervision for up to 6 graduate research assistant students on quantitative data collection and analysis; supervising and facilitating program evaluation data collection, secure storage, and analysis; coordination with instructional coach; budget oversight and management; and writing detailed evaluation components on annual reports, that demonstrate interim and long-term statistical significance. May also include teaching in the graduate program as EL program enrollment increases.
- PhD or ABD in ESL/Bilingual Education, Applied Linguistics, Language & Literacy or closely related.
- Five years' experience in K-12 ESL or bilingual education.
- Expertise in quantitative methods including randomized control trials.
- Valid US or Canadian drivers license.
- Proficiency in Spanish (written and spoken).
- Experience with quantitative and/or qualitative research methods, program management or other leadership experience.
- Purdue will not sponsor an employment related visa for this position
- A background check will be required for employment in this position
- FLSA: Non-Exempt (Eligible for Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period.
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply