Why Work For Us
Gateway celebrates and empowers those employees who made it all possible. A career at Gateway means great people, a great atmosphere and career advancement opportunities across our 26 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs for all while working in an engaging and fun environment. Join us today!
This position manages multiple mixed use projects and a team of project managers. Prepares strategic project management plans, feasibility studies and financial analysis, establishes project management processes and procedures, manages consultants, resource planning, risk assessment and value engineering and provides leadership to the project team. Works closely with Construction, design professionals and general contractors to monitor and ensure quality construction and compliance with plans and specifications. Works with all parties to reach construction completion for timely settlements/occupancy.
- Participates in the due diligence of acquisitions and identifies sources of new development projects for the department.
- Works closely with the company stakeholders to ensure the owners' portfolio growth goals are met.
- Develops and oversees every phase of each project, from analyzing and determining the project feasibility, project initiation and planning through project close-out and smooth transition to property management.
- Defines and develops project success criteria, capable of delivering projects in line with fiscal and other constraints of the project.
- Prepares, executes and administers different applicable forms of construction Contracts.
- Prepares and controls the project operational budgets.
- Monitors and controls the work of external consultants/contractors/vendors.
- Monitors and controls the design and the construction process.
- Analyzes and makes decisions regarding risk management and value engineering.
- Analyzes and makes decisions regarding claims and impact analysis.
What You'll Require
- Engineering or construction management degree, technologist or architect preferred
- +10 years of related development and construction project management experience
- Experience in managing various forms of contracts
- Budgeting and scheduling experience required
- Hospitality experience is an asset
- Substantial experience in working with multidiscipline general contractors
- Experience handling multiple large scale projects simultaneously from initiation to close-out
- PMP certification is an asset
- Ability to identify and analyze acquisition opportunities
- Ability to develop and oversee the formation of master plans (including garden style, urban mid or high rise development)
- Working knowledge of regulatory and government requirements as it pertains to property development
- A comprehensive knowledge of applicable Forms of Construction Contracts, their application and related contract administration
- An astute commercial awareness and knowledge in controlling the work of substantial contractors and consultant organizations
- Cost estimating and contract negotiation skills
- Ability to analyze monthly financial statements, prepare detailed budgets, and generate forecasts
- Strong networking skills; ability to build and leverage relationships within the community and industry
- Ability to negotiate, influence and problem solve
- Outstanding communication/interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a fast-moving, demanding, and dynamic environment
- Strong leadership, management, coaching and teambuilding skills
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience with CAD software is an asset