Senior Project Manager
Salary: $75-90/hour - consultant
Why this opportunity?
Multiple openings for Senior Project Managers on a long term consulting project in Princeton, NJ. We are seeking architects and engineers withexperience as primary project manager on projects from inception through completion including ground up construction. You will be assisting the facilities staff with project initiation, planning and programming activities to lead the projects to conceptual design options. Projects will range from residential, infrastructure, historic to sustainable development.
What will be expected of me?
- Lead project from inception through close out, including conceptual design, programming, and construction phases
- Provide management and leadership to deliver capital projects within established budgets and timeframes
- Direct project teams including architectural lead consulting firm and civil design
- Be the main point of contact with user groups, internal stakeholders and facility partners
- Establish budget through benchmarking and cost estimate development
- Monitor and record all actual and potential costs impacts to maintain and report on accurate anticipated final cost
- Construct, maintain and analyze schedules as updates evolve
- Provide reports at detailed and executive levels
- Utilize project management systems for budget requests and increases, PO processing, invoice processing, RFI?s, etc.
What qualifies me for this position?
Degree in Architecture or Engineering
- Registered architect or engineer preferred
- 7 to 10 years?experience as primary project manager on projects from inception through completion including ground up construction
- Experience working as owner?s representative for complex institutions
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Track record in managing multiple priorities
- Experience using project management software and general computer skills
- Working knowledge of New Jersey Zoning, Land Use and Building codes
- Experiencewith sustainable design and construction practices including LEED certification
- Experiencewith managing multiple consultants on single projects, including design professionals, CM?s, GC?s, Developers, Legal counsel, and specialty sub-consultants