Senior Project Manager/Practice Builder
Department:NC-MAB Raleigh OperationsLocation:Raleigh, NC
START YOUR APPLICATION
VHB’s growing Raleigh, NC office is looking for a Project Manager/Senior Project Manager/Practice Builder to join its Land Development team. This is an outstanding opportunity to join a dynamic organization and become a member of our team, working on assignments across North Carolina. The successful candidate will work on a range of site engineering assignments for public, private and institutional clients. This position is intended for a professional who wants to be part of a collaborative team and enhance their career.
VHB’s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
- Work with local, regional and corporate leadership to build a prominent education and healthcare practice in NC
- Manage and develop clients while working within the framework of our strategic plan (Vision 2020)
- Responsible for project financial performance and client relations
- Manage work and development of other staff
- Manage projects of all sizes
- Develop new project opportunities and manage proposal submissions
- Prepare and review drawings and specifications documenting the systems designed
- Attend meetings with clients, regulatory agencies, and stakeholders to establish their needs and discuss design/permitting issues with them
- Supervise design team activities during Construction Administration
- Develop site/civil engineering plans and specifications for a multitude of projects
- Support preparation of land development design and permitting documents
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to think critically
- Ability to multitask
- Strong computer skills (CAD & MS Office)
- Excels working in a team environment
- Exhibits strong leadership skills
- BS in Civil Engineering or related degree
- 10+ years of civil engineering experience
- PE license in NC
- Proficient in site layout, grading, utility design and stormwater management
- Experience with education and healthcare projects preferred
- Understanding of the North Carolina (preferably Raleigh and/or Charlotte) marketplace
At VHB, we’re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We’re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for 39 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact, and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.