At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems. Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other’s strengths and sharing in successes.
Be a part of innovating and growing the Enterprise Portfolio and Program Management Office! We are looking for hands on, collaborative leaders as we mature and scale our portfolio and project management practices.
The EPMO Project Manager III for Operations is responsible for operational excellence and organizational agility, driving the integration of the PPM tools roadmap, training and adoption of our tools, metrics and reporting that are flexible and real-time and ongoing tool assessment based on industry best practices and market leaders.
How you will make an impact:
- Participate in roadmap planning and tools assessment.
- Conduct in-depth tool assessments for existing PPM tools to optimize existing tools, plan for future need-based capabilities and support the consolidation/elimination of redundant or non-value-added tools.
- Practice continuous improvement / continuous development on existing tools to ensure the organization receives maximum value based on user experience and feedback.
- Track and monitor adoption and quality of the data in the tools through on hands engagement with the agile teams and users.
- Ability to write JQL queries and other simple coding or configuration as needed, in partnership with our tools administration team.
- Define tool efficiencies to support intake process (demand management).
- Develop portfolio reporting frameworks and create executive level communication to ensure accuracy and transparency, while elevating insights to ensure informed decision making.
- Develop end to end, transparent process for tracking and reporting portfolio KPIs, benefits and outcomes.
- Enhance the monthly financial management process and reporting to include agile teams.
- Analyze resource management processes to optimize capacity planning, resource allocation, time-to-staff, time tracking, and onboarding efficiencies.
- Lead assessment and support implementation and change management of new solutions, i.e, resource planning, PPM, time tracking.
- Strong knowledge around driving and fostering operational excellence / organizational agility.
- Ability to conduct large group training, ad-hoc training and 1on1 training to drive tool adoption and user proficiency.
- Develop and innovate tools and processes to drive EPMO organizational agility. Have a mindset of “how can we do it better”.
- Strong, working knowledge of Agile and SAFe principles and frameworks.
- Facilitate development and deployment of changes to PPM framework, processes and practices as needed to continually improve efficiencies and allow for innovation.
- Manage and foster a project/program community of practice and center of excellence supporting and developing PPM tools capability within the EPMO and across the enterprise.
- Drive tool adoption using a change management approach. Train Agile team and EPMO new hires on tools.
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- Formal Agile and project management training and Project Management PMP certification is preferred.
- 8+ years agile experience and 5+ years of project/program management experience within an enterprise PMO.
- Experience with Agile, Waterfall and Hybrid methodologies.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, having demonstrated creative and insightful operational and tool analysis and the ability to quickly extract key insights from an excess of data and details.
- Experience with resource planning and PPM solutions.
- Advanced Jira/Jira Align abilities.
- Deep understanding of the SDLC.
- Data and process driven with deep experience in tool assessments, roadmap planning and development.
- Passionate about synthesizing data to extract insights that will help inform decisions, explain the WHY and tell a story.
- Bring extensive experience in agile in order to effectively identify and communicate efficiencies and processes to Agile teams, Program Managers and Business leaders.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills and can prepare visually delighting PowerPoint presentations using data visualization and storytelling.
- Ability to deep dive into agile teams and programs to have a thorough understanding of the challenges associated with stage gate progression and value delivery.
- Highly collaborative team player who fosters open communication and facilitates mutual understanding and cooperation between all stakeholders.
- Love to bring new ideas and new ways of thinking and make them easily understood and adopted by individuals of all levels throughout the organization.
- Comfortable with competing priorities and managing ambiguity. You thrive in an agile and high paced environment and are comfortable communicating at all levels of the organization.
- Thrive in ensuring the right methodology is in place which provides just the right amount of process and artifacts while always looking for ways to make it better in support of a community of practice.
- Willing to ‘get your hands dirty’ to act as a change agent and create new applications, tools, processes and reports as necessary.