The Senior Project Manager (PM) role is responsible for delivering business value through successful project implementations. This role manages, tracks, and communicates the progress of projects and ensures quality in all aspects of project delivery. From initiation to completion, the Sr. Project Manager is accountable for planning the project efforts, overseeing and delivering the production of project deliverables, and obtaining the appropriate stakeholder reviews and sign-offs. Critical to the success of this role is the individual’s ability to manage stakeholder expectations, identify integration opportunities, control project scope, execute change control procedures when necessary, plan and develop business change management and communications and escalate project risks and issues as appropriate. This role will facilitate multiple projects at a time with varying levels of complexity.
- Lead and manage multiple, large, complex IT and business process project initiatives from inception through stabilization utilizing the Hilltop Holdings project management framework and software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Organize work and prioritize deliverables in order to create detailed project plans and execute/maintain those plans to accomplish project objectives while driving the ability to achieve business benefits.
- Foster productive working relationships with all project stakeholders, both business and technical team members, and effectively manage their expectations.
- Ensure change management communications are considered and facilitated as appropriate for each project.
- Coordinate the training needs assessment and development of training plans and materials as appropriate for the project.
- Facilitate effective cross-functional teamwork among project team members.
- Create work estimates, prepare project budgets, and track project financials.
- Facilitate project meetings, reviews, decisions, and sign-offs with stakeholders and project resources.
- Prepare project status reports and escalate critical risks and issues in a timely manner.
- Ensure project deliverables and milestones are completed on-time, within budget, and at the required level of quality.
- Diligently manage scope throughout the project and, when necessary, execute change control procedures to formally memorialize the resulting impacts to project scope, timeline, and/or budget.
- Coordinate project benefits realization monitoring and identify mitigation strategies for delivered projects, where applicable.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the project management methodologies, techniques, and standards utilized by the organization.
- Elicit, document, and validate solution requirements as necessary.
- Other functions as needed.
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or equivalent experience or education.
- Experience with a large enterprise Financial or Human Resources System implementation is strongly preferred.
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite as well as Project and Visio.
- 5+ years of IT experience managing software development and infrastructure implementation projects of varying complexity from concept to completion.