Roles & Responsibilities:
The Senior Project Manager (SPM) role, reporting to the Senior Director or Director of Construction, will monitor every phase of a construction project (up to $50M) from inception tooccupancy, primarily in the health care environment. The SPM will:
- Conceptualize projects, prepare feasibility studies and develop RFPs for hospital administration
- Develop space programs, design fit plans to meet the needs of user departments
- Coordinate the activities of outside architectural and engineering design consultants on larger projects
- Manage the A/E team, prepare cost estimates, prepare Certificate of Need documentation, as well as be the liaison between the consultants and user groups
- Ensure that the A/E team is meeting all regulatory requirements and that the budget and schedule are adhered to
- Monitor the progress of moderate to difficult construction relative to schedule, cost and quality
- Effectively monitor contractors safety management program including PPE, ILSMs and ICRA
- Effectively monitor activities of construction schedule as the Owner's representative
- Minimize the disruption to hospital patients, staff and service due to construction
- Review bid documents, drawings and coordinate pre-bid activities
- Conduct periodic project management meetings with architectural and engineering consultant, contractors, subcontractors and user clients
- Make timely decisions in the field as unexpected conditions arise
- Monitor contractor's performance for compliance with plans and specifications and applicable codes
- Review and approve applications for payment, change orders and purchase requisitions
- Schedule shut down, tie-ins and in-house activities with engineering
- Coordinate with Architect and Users on furniture an finish selections
- Coordinate and schedule work with other departments
- Coordinate move-in activities with user departments move coordinators
- Maintain complete project files through project close out
- Inform supervisor of status and issues of construction projects
- Examine construction work, reports findings, follows up with corrective work and prepares and monitors punch lists
- Responsible for managing costs to budget using standardized finance report
The SPM should be a creative person with architecture or engineering background who is detail oriented, organized, has excellent communication skills, and excellent oral and written capabilities. Should have experience in the design and construction of hospitals and health care facilities, as well as in commercial design and construction and should be able to workindependently with minimal supervision. Candidate should be well versed in NYC Building Codes, as well as the appropriate NFPA codes.
· Bachelor's Degree
· 10+ years experience with emphasis on health care design and construction. Should have the capabilities to run a construction project, if required.
· Comfortable with the use of Word, Excel (preparation of spread sheets), Microsoft Project, Power Point. Should be able to produce spreadsheets, word documents and reports with ease.
· A valid NYS architecture registration or professional engineering license preferred.
· Autocad experience a plus.