Senior Project Manager - Oncology / Hematology Team - 145252
PPD is a leading global contract research organization. At PPD we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose - to improve health.
PPD’s Project Management department is a global team organized by therapeutic area. We partner directly with our clients to deliver projects from study start-up through close-out activities. In Project Management, you will oversee the delivery of PPD groups collaborating to support our clients. In short, you are a crucial piece in earning the trust of our clients.
As a Senior Project Manager, you are responsible for the overall management and successful delivery of the clinical study from start-up through close-out activities. You often work globally, with multi-functional leads to anticipate problems, find solutions and deliver results. You lead the collaboration that shows our clients we are one team focused on our purpose, mission, and strategy.
Grow within Project Management with opportunities to advance to Associate Director and Director within Project Management. Or grow your career in other departments across PPD.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. It's not just talk - our award winning training programs speak for themselves.
Join PPD in our relentless pursuit of excellence - apply now!
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or licensed certified health care training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Has an in-depth understanding and extensive experience working within clinical development (equivalent to five years). This could include specific experience in a particular functional area
- Can demonstrate experience successfully managing and/or leading large groups or teams
- Experience using project management software
- Solid understanding of how to craft and manage a project budget
- Must possess a valid passport, as appropriate
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Possesses a high level of the following skills and attributes:
- Knowledge of the key principles of cross functional project management (Time, Quality, Cost)
- Solid financial acumen
- Applies a range of negotiation techniques to achieve desired outcomes with evidence of commercial and organizational acumen
- Displays effective communication skills (listening, oral, written) and can communicate in English language (oral, written)
- Sound interpersonal skills, is flexible and adapts to changing situations
- Has the ability to persuade, convince, and influence or impress others
- Is organized, proficient at multi-tasking with good attention to detail
- Able to lead, motivate and coordinate teams. Coach/mentor team members as appropriate
- Able to delegate, effectively prioritizes own and workload of project team members
- Ability to effectively use automated systems and computerized applications such as Outlook, Excel, Word, etc
- Possesses cross cultural awareness and is able to adapt appropriately
- Has an in-depth understanding and appreciation of clinical research/development, including medical and therapeutic areas, phases and medical terminology
- Has experience with leading, liaising and coordinating cross-functional project teams
- Has an in-depth knowledge/understanding of clinical development guidelines and Directives
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength and fosters an environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group.