GeekHive is looking for an experienced Project Manager with strong client facing experience and a proven track record of delivering results on complex digital projects while consistently and effectively managing client expectations.
In this role you?ll lead collaborative teams of some of the smartest and most creative people in the industry to solve challenging problems for our customers, which include premiere agency partners, and highly visible brands.
Serving as the primary point of contact to our customers, you will have a significant influence on our company?s success. Doing this is no small feat. The most qualified candidates will be strategic, technically oriented, and creative - with a solid understanding of industry best practices and great judgement. They must also bring to the team a can-do, proactive approach; exacting standards and a consistent control of initiatives, their budgets and timelines.
This role can be filled wither on-site in our offices in Warwick, NY or remote
Successful Project Managers will be able to:
- Build trust and long-term relationship with our customers. You will be working closely with customers and internal team members to identify scope, budget, expectations and timeline and translating them into an effective and deliverable project plan.
- Lead client kick off meetings and discovery meetings as well as lead major project handoffs.
- Be solely accountable for managing delivery on all aspects of the project from start to finish, as well as all communication on project status (including milestones and budgets) to the project team and stakeholders.
- Effectively and proactively monitor projects, ensuring that projects are scoped accurately and are profitable while making sure that all projects are delivered on time, on budget and to the highest quality.
- Be able to identify and propose solutions that proactively mitigate risks and threats to the success of the project timeline, budget, and quality indicators.
- Manage internal financialresponsibilities such as project costs, resourcing and project profitability.
Successful Project Managers will be:
- Critical thinkers and will possess a technical proficiency that instills trust and confidence in our customers, other team members, and leadership.
- Natural leaders - we?re looking for team builders and collaborators with the confidence to work with little oversight, but the judgement to know when to escalate.
- We want an optimist and enthusiast who is self motivated and results-focused. We are looking for a skilled planner who will consistently deliver a highly valuable experience and outcome to our customers on schedule and on-budget.
- Skilled in project management and able to correctly lead in agile/scrum/kanban methodology
- Bachelor?s degree related to software design or development, or related experience
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Minimum of 3 years of management/leadership experience in a web and/or mobile development organization
- Experience with Atlassian Jira & Confluence is welcome
- Knowledge of content management systems such as Sitecore, Drupal, Episerver, and WordPress