Responsible for management of all aspects of assigned project services work.
- Project cost, profit and loss accountability.
- Development of business and customer relationships.
- Conducting site walks and obtaining project bid information.
- Preparation of cost estimates, proposals, work plans, and schedules.
- Health and Safety plan preparation.
- Contract reviews and negotiations.
- Invoice preparation and collection.
- Implementing project plans to meet NRC profit goals.
- Compliance with NRC health and safety standards and NRC business ethic guidelines.
- Support of the NRC East Region activities
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of assigned project services work, utilizing a staff of site superintendents, site supervisors, foremen, equipment operators, health and safety staff, and field technicians; ensuring profitability and health and safety compliance of projects.
- Manage all potential risks and liabilities of multiple projects through complete understanding of the contract documents and local, state and federal regulatory requirements to maintain and protect NRC’s best interest.
- Manage and develop cost estimates, proposals and productivity schedules in conjunction with the proposal development group to assure that well-scoped, competitively bid, and well-written proposals are delivered to a potential client.
- Manage and track all project related costs utilizing company generated forms and computer software to update the operations manager and/or accounting team of the current financial status of assigned projects at any given time.
- Preparation of project related documents – Health & Safety Plans, Permits/Notifications, Work Plans, Schedules, Waste Disposal Records, Summary Reports, and other job specific submittals
- Actively develop project staff through cross training and mentoring to maximize employee efficiency, ability and longevity. Assist colleagues with technical input and contributions when approached.
- Provide technical support to account representatives through presentations and sales calls to increase NRC annual sales. Ability to market NRC services to new accounts, manage existing account base, and contribute to nurturing long term stability with client base.
- Participate in at large operations administrative responsibilities a) Updates, Revisions or Development of manuals, guidance documents, forms and reference materials. b) QA/QC of others work product prior to submission or finalization and c) Continuous improvement or technological advancement initiatives (eg Equipment Database).
- Keeps the Branch Manager fully informed of progress and all target business development efforts. Reports all problems or unusual matters of significance and course of action taken to address them.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- B.A./B.S. in Engineering, Applied Sciences or Construction Management or 5 years equivalent civil and/or environmental construction work experience with progression to project manager position.
- Previous accountability for health and safety desired.
- 5 years’ experience as a field supervisor, scientist, or engineer within the environmental services industry prior to promotion to superintendent, technical services manager or project manager within the environmental services field.
- Must have well developed written and verbal communication, organizational, leadership, and supervision skills. Proficient in use of Microsoft software applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must be willing to obtain OSHA 40-Hour Hazardous Waste Worker Training, Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC),OSHA 8-Hour Refresher Training, and OSHA 8-Hour Supervisory Training.
- Must maintain an MVR that meets company policy standards.
- Ability to be on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week when needed and up to 50% travel.