Join a team that delivers program leadership, PMO and portfolio management, and project management services that address the unique culture and objectives of clients. On our Program and Project Management team, you’ll manage end-to-end scope and schedule, cost, quality and assessment that helps clients achieve their desired goals. We tailor solutions for projects of all sizes and levels of complexity.
Why North Highland? Our employee ownership model enables you to grow through your choices and build the firm. We’ll provide challenging opportunities to learn, and we’ll coach you as you grow personally and professionally. We offer an array of resources and training (both on- and off-the job) to help our people expand their knowledge, sharpen their skills and aim for the next level.
At North Highland, you’re not a number. Our firm is large enough to scale up and tackle the most complex challenges, but small enough where we can each quickly make our mark for our clients.
We started as three leaders gathered around a kitchen table. Entrepreneurial spirits are welcome here.
Exciting work you will do:
- Use knowledge of Program and Project Management to increase client impact, develop your skill sets, and grow your career.
- Make your mark by working directly with clients as a visible and engaged member of the team.
- Collaborate across disciplines to deliver creative solutions to client challenges.
- Play a key role on your team by developing and delivering presentations and written deliverables, and organizing and facilitating client and internal meetings and workshops.
- Actively contribute to business development proposals and the identification of new opportunities.
- Establish positive relationships with clients and peers that build credibility, foster your support network, and empower career development.
- Develop a deeper understanding of our firm’s shared vision to build our clients’ capabilities and unleash their potential.
- Cultivate knowledge of our clients’ business models and increase your role in engagements.
- Responsible and accountable for delivering large projects on-time, on budget, and meeting functional and quality specifications.
- Forecast, manage, and report on project financials, planned vs actual project schedule, and resource utilization.
- Identify resources needed to complete work and collaborate with resource manager(s) to assemble appropriate skills/teams.
- Manage issues, risks, and changes using appropriate and agreed upon processes and tools established within the PMO.
- Provide weekly status reports and can communicate to executive leadership.
What you will need:
- 10+ years of experience in a Project Management role with a strong background in team development.
- Proven leadership experience with the ability to mentor/coach team in senior or lead capacity.
- Proven success delivering projects in Agile/Scrum environment.
- Experience with multiple project streams and leading teams of 5+.
- Large enterprise project experience ranging from $1million+
- Expert knowledge in Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suites of products, (i.e. Visio, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Project Management training and/or project lead experience of 3+years
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple tasks at various stages of completion.
- Strong facilitation skills; communicates effectively with the business to identify needs and evaluate alternative solutions as required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of various technologies including applications and databases.
- Demonstrated proficiency in use of project planning tools (MS Project, Jira, Version One, etc.)
- Familiarity with Clarity, Ehour, or other Portfolio / Program Management Software
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a related discipline or equivalent
- Project Management Certification (CAPM or PMP