The Senior Project Manager is responsible for managing NFI project initiatives; standardizing project-related processes; facilitating the sharing of resources, methodologies, tools and techniques; and developing and delivering training programs and coaching. The Senior Project Manager will select and lead the project team, develop timelines in the agreed-upon project management software, report status, track issues/risks/resolutions, be responsible for deploying the business solution as defined by the Design Team, and ensure that the business objectives of the project are met based on pre-defined metrics.
- Assumes full responsibility for supervising, planning, and managing highly complex projects consisting of a large number of deliverables, complex dependencies, and significant resource.
- Manages entire lifecycle of the project from project inception to project closure. Tasks include, but are not limited to: meeting management, documentation, process workflows, work plans, reports, etc.
- Demonstrates expertise with preparation of detailed project plans, including activity definition, task sequencing, resources requirements, and duration estimates.
- Will work closely with key stakeholders, including senior level executive sponsors, partners and vendors, to define project scope and ensure timely delivery of all project components.
- Participates in the development, implementation and assessment of project “health-checks” and “’Go-Live’ readiness”.
- Assumes the lead in risk management meetings working with project leads and project teams to identify potential risks and recommend solutions to stabilize project prior to a business-impacting event occurring.
- Responsible for monitoring and communicating progress, collaborating with key stakeholders to publish status reports, and managing and reporting on open risks and action items.
- Demonstrates clear and concise communication; interpersonal, organizational and team building skills; business judgment; and proven expertise in directing the efforts of the project staff and internal and external customers.
- Participate in projects or business audits to assesses and promote the use of better practices, processes and tools driving change throughout the organization.
- Assumes an active role in the design, development and delivery of formal and informal training/coaching resources performing project management on standard project management methodology and other skills required to successfully manage a project.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of, and ensures compliance to, project management standard policies, procedures, practices and supporting documents and templates to successfully support the implementation of major projects. Provides continuous improvement recommendations in terms of the use of project management methodologies, tools and techniques.
- Analyzes performance of the project team or the operation utilizing metrics, audits, and data-driven indicators. Will lead or participate in process reviews, document process flows, identify best practices, and conduct post-project audits to ensure process compliance.
- Keeps up with relevant industry knowledge such as warehousing, 3PL, and supply chain management and project management practices.
- Promotes the importance and relevance of PMO-related initiatives and projects articulating and highlighting their organizational benefits with professionalism.
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required
- PMP® Certification Required (Formal training in project management required)
- 5+ years hands-on experience managing projects of various size and complexities
- Outstanding interpersonal skills demonstrated in ability to communicate on all levels; position requires regular interface with project resources, team leads and senior management team members as well as vendors and customers to effectively communicate PMO-related activities as well as project-related activities, progress and risks.
- Demonstrated ability with planning, organizing and multi-tasking to ensure efficient handling of the many tasks associated with a project.
- Ability to conduct project reviews, assess and evaluate project performance and provide constructive feedback while sustaining excellent working relationships
- Highly influential leadership style while interacting with non-direct reports
- Ability to multi-task and manage in a cross-functional environment.
- Ability to thrive in a team working in a deadline-driven environment.
- Proficient use of MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and MS Project, and process flow experience
- Travel up to 50% (varies per project)