Senior Project Manager
Project Managers work closely with Loyalty & Incentive business teams, and their clients and vendors, to facilitate completion of client IT projects, as well as internal corporate product/platform development projects. This position is responsible for determining and documenting functional requirements to meet business needs, working with account management and development teams to determine appropriate solutions, reporting status to executive leadership, and managing all project phases through delivery.
- Define business requirements and translate into functional requirements.
- Partner with account managers, vendors and IT developers to ensure a clear understanding of requirements.
- Analyze partner and vendor system interface requirements to ensure compatibility and identify gaps.
- Negotiate agreements when gaps in business needs and functionality are identified.
- Manage the development and execution of project scope, timeline, issue/s resolution, documentation, communications, status reporting, and quality standards and review.
- Develop and maintain overall project plans and timelines for assigned projects.
- Manage project scope remaining focused on project cost, quality, and schedule.
- Define project tasks and resource requirements.
- Identify, manage, and mitigate risks.
- Communicate and escalate issues/risks as necessary.
- Review and manage subsequent project change requests, and manage change control process.
- Communicate and escalate project changes if/when necessary.
- Create and manage stories, tasks and issues using JIRA tracking tool.
- Drive resolution of Ops maintenance and break/fix tasks.
- Work with account managers and IT developers to achieve on-time delivery by monitoring project milestones and developing contingency plans when required.
- Bachelordegree in Computer Science or related field or related work experience.
- Five years minimum experience in:
- Project management for IT development
- Documenting business/functional requirements
- Creating project plans and timelines
- Successfully meeting deadlines
- Working with clients and vendors to deliver inter-organization solutions
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Planning and organizing
- Communication skills
- Influencing and leading
- Team work
- Conflict management
- Stress tolerance
- Understanding of waterfall, agile and iterative project management methodologies
- Process models/flows, business rules, issue logs, and test plans
- Available to work evenings and weekends if/when client needs require such.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Available for occasional overnight travel.