Reporting to the Manufacturing Process Development Senior Manager, the Project Manager Sr, NPI (New Product Introduction) will be actively involved with multiple Operations' departments within Shure as well as the Product Development Project Management team to ensure readiness of new products before their official release to themanufacturing plant. These efforts will include the planning, deployment and monitoring of all Operations' resources (Plant Manufacturing, Manufacturing/Process Engineering, Automated Test Engineering, New Product Sourcing, S&OP Planning, et al.) as necessary to support assigned new product development programs along with the development and implementation of action plans to insure all Operations' tasks meet the project requirements. The position is expected to work with the NPI Manufacturing Engineering teams at the sites and be able to complete some NPI Manufacturing Engineering tasks. The Sr. NPM/NPI Mfg. Engineer also needs to work with Process Engineering toensure assembly methods are fully developed and ready for production launch. The candidate will need tocollaborate with the Product Development Project Team Manager to identify all obstacles to on-time release, quality objectives and cost targets throughout the product development process from design concept through production ramp up. The successful candidate will be measured on achieving the on-time release to volume production, product quality and product cost objectives of the program.
- Provide an effective feedback process from Operations' departments to the Project Manager and team.
- Quickly identify potential risks in the product development process and communicate them to therelevant stakeholders in the organization.
- Lead and moderate NPI meetings as needed with all relevant project team members.
- Work with the manufacturing plants including onsite visits as necessary to ensure that all Supply Chain/Operations and Manufacturing Engineering processes are ready for production.
- Establish a cooperative relationship between the project team and the Shure manufacturing plant that breeds trust and clear communication.
- Generate and maintain the Operations project management plan to manage all NPI related deliverables from concept to production ramp up.
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables.
- Track key project tasks/milestones related to manufacture of new product and drive corrective actions if goals are in danger.
- Determine and communicate the overall status of Operations' related issues regarding product and schedule risks to the Project Team Manager and applicable management.
- Provide strong technical expertise to influence product design, manufacturability, testability, and supply chain issues early in the product development process through product launch.
- Lead concurrent engineering efforts with a Design for Manufacturability/Assembly & Test methodology
- Lead rigorous application of SQP (APQP) during the NPI process with focus on Process FMEA and process controls to insure a no defect manufacturing process and quality launch.
- Provide manufacturing plant support to resolve process and test engineering issues.
- Encourage, discover, and drive Lean Methodology to eliminate waste and drive continuous process improvement opportunities to promote safety, quality, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Work with S&OP and NPS to ensure that the necessary material, manufacturing and test capacity is available according to the ramp up plan to meet production volume.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of the NPI plan related to supply chain activities.
- Manage material readiness through close cooperation with the Supply Chain resources to ensure that part availability, quality and cost goals are met for engineering model builds through production ramp up.
- Ensure that required technical documentation is developed and followed.
- Mentor less senior NPI Program Managers and NPI Manufacturing Engineers to nurture consistent approach and instill sense of team in the department.
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline or closely related field is required for this position. Graduate coursework is desirable.
- Minimum of 10 years manufacturing engineering and project management experience.
- Professional experience in a manufacturing environment with strong knowledge of manufacturing assembly and test processes used on electronic products.
- Well-versed in structured development and improvement techniques such as Design for Manufacturability/Assembly & Test, APQP, Lean Manufacturing and TPS.
- Experience using methodologies like 5 Why, 8D, 6 Sigma and Shainin, etc. to solve problems.
- Thorough understanding of the core processes relevant to production launch such as manufacturing process documentation, material availability and sourcing needs, MRP setup requirements, etc.
- Demonstrated experience participating in, or leading, projects in a multi-discipline team framework that utilizes formal project planning techniques and a phase gate process.
- Comprehensive knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management principles, practices and procedures through PMI certification.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of project management software such as Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office applications for project scheduling and tracking responsibilities.
- Must be fluent in the English language with the ability to effectively communicate throughout theorganization in both written and verbal form. Spanish or Mandarin language communication skills a plus.
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to travel both locally and internationally is required.