ERM is seeking a motivated Senior Project Manager to join our Site Investigation and Risk Assessment (SIRA) service team in Santa Barbara/Carpinteria, CA. The ideal candidate brings significant consulting and project management experience, in order to provide technical leadership, strategic direction, and cutting-edge technical support to grow ERM's SIRA service area in ecological risk assessment and site investigation services.
As a senior project manager and consultant, you will be fully accountable for consulting on, managing, and selling ecological risk assessment, site investigation and remediation related projects to build a sustainable business locally and across the Western US. You will also network with ERM's global SIRA technical team to share best practices across the industry.
- Direct and develop complex ecological risk assessment, site investigation and remediation projects with multi-person project teams. Manage multiple projects within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Collaborate with other ERM global practitioners to execute site investigation and remediation projects, including participating on teams comprised of SIRA professionals from multiple offices around the global organization.
- Provide leadership in managing staff performance, recruiting and retention, and mentoring personnel for overall success of technical team.
- Develop and implement strategic business/action plan, provide leadership, and deliver financial results to grow opportunities across ERM's Contaminated Site Management (SIRA) service lines [e.g., Brownfields redevelopment, site investigation and remediation, risk assessment, environmental construction management, site closure and decommissioning].
- As a senior "seller/doer," contribute to expanding ERM's SIRA services annually. Identify and develop new opportunities, prepare effective technical proposals, and take active leadership role in the development of new business with new and existing clients. Develop and expand client relationships that generate repeat business.
- Develop a working understanding of ERM's other consulting service areas and actively support cross-selling other services to existing clients.
- Bachelors in environmental toxicology, biology, ecology, chemistry or related environmental science/engineering discipline.
- 10 years of consulting experience including 5 years of relevant ecological risk assessment and/or site investigation/remediation projects.
- Masters or Ph.D. preferred.
- Consistent "seller/doer" track record, including successfully writing proposals and winning major projects.
- Excellent writing, communication, strategic thinking, and "people" skills.
- Advanced knowledge of the regulatory climate around site investigation and remediation.
- Business development experience for large programs/contracts and existing client relationships is preferable.