We Drive Innovation and Build Careers
As a company that prides itself on innovation and collaboration, Southland Industries continues to pave the way as an industry leader in constructability, sustainability and energy efficiency so as to improve the way buildings are designed, built, and operated.
Founded in 1949, Southland Industries is one of the nation's largest MEP building systems experts. We provide innovative yet practical solutions through a holistic approach to building construction and performance. Through our extensive resources, we are able to optimize each stage of the building lifecycle through customized engineering, construction, building automation, service and energy solutions.
If you love managing large complex MEP construction projects, mentoring others and are passionate about safety, Southland has an opportunity for you as a Senior Project Manager! In this role, you will work on exciting, multi-million-dollar commercial MEP projects, while developing future project managers and leaders.
What you'll do:
- Direct and motivate teams through all phases of multiple large-scale projects. Celebrate when things go well; problem solve when they don't.
- Mentor Project Managers and Project Engineers to prepare them for the next step in their profession in keeping with our core value "People."
- Develop and implement strategies and plans to ensure your team meets or exceeds the project delivery contractually and financially. Measure and report progress, but don't just look back. Develop tactics to make sure we stay on track.
- Utilize the latest construction industry trends and pioneer new trends as they emerge.
- Develop and nurture customer relationships beyond a single project – at Southland, we value customers for life.
What you'll need to be successful:
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management plus 15+ years of experience managing mid to large size MEP (Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing) projects – after all, that's what we do!
- You must have experience managing multiple HVAC construction projects and have a deep understanding of project financials and schedules.
- Authentic leadership – you're able to lead by example, with integrity and a real interest in the development of each member of your team.
- Be accountable and take initiative on your projects. Accountability is one of Southland's highest values.
- Be able to creatively solve problems. You've been in the trenches before. You know what it takes to get the job done and done right for your customer and your company.