If you love managing large, complex construction projects, mentoring others and are passionate about safety, Southland has an opportunity for you as a Senior Project Manager.
In this role, you will work on exciting, multi-million dollar commercial MEP projects, while developing future project managers and leaders. The Raiders Las Vegas Stadium is one of the most recent projects that has been awarded to our Southwest Division!
What you’ll do:
- Direct and motivate teams through all phases of a single large project or multiple projects being managed by Project Managers and Project Engineers. Celebrate when things go well; problem solve when they don’t.
- Mentor Project Engineers and Project Managers to prepare them for the next step in their profession in keeping with our core value “People.”
- Develop and implement strategies and plans to ensure your team meets or exceeds the project delivery contractually and financially. Measure and report progress, but don’t just look back. Develop tactics to make sure we stay on track.
- Utilize the latest construction industry trends and pioneer new trends as they emerge.
- Develop and nurture customer relationships beyond a single project – at Southland, we value customers for life.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Authentic leadership – you’re able to lead by example, with integrity and a real interest in the development of each member of your team.
- You must have experience managing mechanicalconstruction projects. We’re design, build, mechanical - it’s what we do!
- Be accountable and take initiative on your projects. Accountability is one of Southland’s highest values.
- Be able to creatively solve problems. You’ve been in the trenches before. You know what it takes to get the job done and done right for your customer and your company.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering or Construction Management plus 7 or more years of experience in a related field.
- A copy of your most recent project list attached to your resume is preferred.