MedAvante-ProPhase, a member of the WIRB-Copernicus Group, is a global provider of specialty solutions in clinical trials. Our goal is to optimize the selection, use, and analysis of behavioral endpoints to mitigate trial risk and maximize the likelihood of study success. Through collaboration and evidence-based innovation, we work to transform measurement science in clinical trials and improve outcomes for all stakeholders. Our services support all measurement-related activities in clinical trials and include eCOA and Endpoint Surveillance, Rater Qualification and Training, and Study Start-Up Support. By partnering with Sponsors, CROs and sites, and using a risk-based approach, we deliver services that are highly customized to study needs and adapted regionally for global trials.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of client projects and ensures that projects are delivered on time, within budget, and according to client expectations. The Senior Project Manager also assists in the development of standard processes for use by the Project Management Office in project planning, specification and support.
- Provide project management assistance to any employee who is currently managing projects and requires support in planning, scheduling and controlling projects
- Provides leadership in the delivery of services to clients, reviews work produced by the project teams, and ensures that staff fulfills their responsibilities in accordance with project contracts and company policies, procedures and SOPs.
- Experience in strategic analysis, developing project plans, budgeting, scheduling, risk management, resource allocation, and scope management
- Manage the project implementation with highest customer satisfaction.
- Supervise, train and mentor junior and adjunct staff.
- Build long term relationships with all levels of customer contacts.
- Lead kickoff, design, status, and other project related meetings with cross-functional teams and project stakeholders at all levels
- Present study services at client meetings, such as at Study Monitor Meetings, Investigator Meetings, and project initiation (kick-off) meetings
- Closely manage the entire project life cycle. Identify and track issues, risks, dependencies, efficiencies, and critical path objectives
- As part of project status tracking and reporting, continuously assess project risk factors and recommend appropriate courses of action to mitigate
- Train investigative sites on study procedures.
- Develop complex project schedules, and manage project cost, scope, schedule and quality.
- Extensive experience in leading and managing project teams and experience coordinating and managing multiple project efforts simultaneously.
- Lead project discussions including post-mortems and project checkpoints.
- Support business development activities by assisting in the proposal development process (e.g., provide costing and proposal text focused upon study specifications).
- Participate in client presentations for new business.
- Provide timely and audience-specific status reports in support of defined metrics to the head of the Project Management Office and other key stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or 3+ years related experience and/or training in a clinical project management environment (e.g., CRO, pharmaceutical company, or other centralized service provider used in clinical studies) or the equivalent combination of education, skills and experience to perform the job.
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience recommended
- Knowledge of project management software tools and management techniques.
- Possess demonstrated experience in developing complete project plans and executing the management and implementation of those plans on time and within budget
- Must have firsthand experience with all stages of the project life-cycle, from requirements gathering to release
- Demonstrate leadership skills and ability to manage, motivate, and integrate a team
- Proven project managementexperience at senior level
- Ability to lead through influencing and negotiating
- Ability to multi-process, delegate project tasks
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office, specifically Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint as well as Adobe, Visio and MS Project and the ability to produce detailed reports and presentations using these tools
- Possess a valid driver’s license