Lyons Consulting Group (LYONSCG) is a leading digital agency and global commerce service provider. From creative to technology to marketing, we offer a comprehensive set of services to help retailers and brands craft successful digital commerce strategies, put them into practice, and continually optimize them for long-term success. LYONSCG is part of the Capgemini Group.
Due to exploding growth, we are searching for a Senior Project Manager to join our LYONSCG team that will manage eCommerce Implementations. This position is a remote full-time permanent position in New York. The Senior Project Manager is responsible for project management across multiple departments, teams, and practice areas. They will be engaged in multiple complex eCommerce website implementation projects for marquee Internet retailers and are responsible for managing the successful delivery of multiple size engagements with a high degree of client satisfaction.
Senior Project Managers should expect to spend their time on client billable activities, managing a multitude of projects concurrently, adhering to project scope,timelines and budgets. Additional responsibilities include project issue resolution, motivating teams to work together, holding daily scrum meetings and mitigating conflict and risk. Ideal candidates will have a consulting background with previous work experience managing the implementation of initiatives in eCommerce across a range of customer industries and sizes.
This is an outstanding opportunity to be a part of our world class growing consultancy with a competitive base salary, great people and opportunity for advancement. We are looking for people with a passion for working with our strategic clients to ensure their success and growth. Come experience the LYONSCG difference!!!
- Effectively coaches and mentors project team members.
- Consistently acknowledges and appreciates each team member's contributions.
- Utilizes each team member to his/her fullest potential and ensures they are contributing to the improvement of process and their own development.
- Motivates team members to work together in the most efficient manner.
- Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members which includes leadership in collecting data for post mortem reviews and ensuring this information is utilized for process and team improvement.
- Mitigates project team conflict and communication problems.
- Participates in PMO meetings in order to improve PMO process, team culture and client relations.
- Tracks and reports team hours and expenses on a weekly basis.
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Participates in internal teams/task forces.
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements on Client engagements that they personally manage.
- Identifies resources needed and works with appropriate internal practice leads in the assignment of individual responsibilities.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to client.
- Manages day-to-day client interaction.
- Sets and manages client expectations.
- Develops lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Facilitates team and client meetings effectively.
- Holds regular status meetings with project team.
- Conveys work stream project status, project health and hours burn down reporting on routine basis
- Keeps project team well informed of changes within the client organization, business drivers, and success criteria.
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors.
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations relative to program projects.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Assists Account Management and Sales team in upselling
- Possesses general understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design;
- Possesses a thorough understanding of LYONSCG capabilities;
- Possesses a working knowledge understanding of Magento, Salesforce Commerce Cloud and hybris administrative functionality;
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on client engagements.
- Motivates team to work together in the most efficient manner.
- Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members.
- Effectively utilizes each team member to his/her fullest potential.
- Mitigates team conflict and communication problems.
- Plans and facilitates regular team activities outside of the office.
- Minimum bachelor's degree
- 8+ years of professional management experience in either consulting or industry experience. Preferred industries include retail, wholesale, distribution or other commerce activities.
- 5+ years experience managing large eCommerce system implementation projects and/or 3-4 years in a Project Management specific Team Lead role
- Previous experience with Salesforce Commerce Cloud eCommerce platform is HIGHLY preferred, not required.
- Expert in management and communication tools including MS Office, MS Project, and MS Visio
- Experience understanding high level business requirements and building solid relationships
- Former experience with enterprise level software solutions
- Ability to solve problems under pressure
- Highly organized and task driven
- Superior relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Entrepreneurial in nature
- Innate drive to succeed with corresponding track record
- Enacts Consultative Professionalism principles when interacting with clients
- Ability to travel up to 35% or as needed.