In Canada, WSP is one of the largest professional services firms with approximately 7,800 employees, mainly engineers, technicians, scientists, environmental experts and architects, based in all Canadian provinces.
WSP's Oil & Gas division is headquartered in Calgary, Alberta and ready to apply the experience and enthusiasm of our people to your energy challenges. Our more than 420 engineering and technical specialists work across all oil and gas sub-specialties – with the proven experience to effectively develop and optimize projects – safely, cost-effectively, with an approach focused on creating long-term partnerships and repeat business. From small installations to multi-phase megaprojects, WSP engineers excel through our:
- Tailor-made solutions that are adaptable and flexible
- Commitment to delivering cost and schedule certainty
- Robust quality control, quality review processes
- Innovative templating/standardization experience
The number one question we ask is “What’s right for the client?” WSP’s Oil & Gas expertise is supported by the strong global network and resources of WSP Global worldwide. All activities are undertaken in support of the WSP Canada strategic plan.
- Reporting to the Director - Projects, the Senior Project Manager, Liquid Terminals will be responsible for management of assigned projects following appropriate project management methodology including gathering and defining comprehensive project requirements, establishing proper strategies for estimating, ensuring strategic alignment with business needs, developing project charters, project execution plans, budgets and schedules;
- Utilizing existing relationships in the midstream Oil & Gas sector, builds relationships with key internal and external clients, industry organizations, teaming partners, and stakeholders to identify opportunities and grow the business;
- Identifies variances from the project plans, budgets and schedules, develops and implements changes as necessary to ensure that the project remains within specified scope and is within time, cost, and quality objectives. Ensure that appropriate Management of Change procedures are followed to increase project budgets to accommodate client requests;
- Support project initiation with senior management following appropriate project management methodology including gathering and defining comprehensive project requirements, determining staffing requirements, and forming cross-functional project teams where necessary;
- Lead negotiations with service contractors in the event of project changes and contractual disputes;
- Coordinate and provide direction for budget development, purchasing, engineering, accounting, cost, and construction functions as they relate to the completion of the project;
- Actively participates on internal team(s) that focus on continuous improvement of the business
- Lead and manage the project closeout process;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering;
- PMP certification is preferred;
- Senior level technical knowledge of piping systems, field erected tanks, rotating equipment, minimum applicable design requirements and associated equipment and materials;
- At least 15 of overall experience managing mid to large size capital projects in the midstream oil and gas sector;
- At least 10 years experience in project management of midstream projects;
- Project Controls experience is a plus;
- Experienced in the design and construction of greenfield and brownfield liquid terminals;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to prioritize tasks and effectively manage the expectations of external stakeholders;
- Excellent computer skills;
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).