Want to hear something crazy? Cars only spend 5% of their time driving. Where do they spend the other 95%? PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest and fastest growing parking companies in the country. LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces across the country. When it comes to parking, we’re the experts!
We are also a PEOPLE FIRST company. We often say “parking is our industry but people are our passion.” Our mission is to “create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients”. If you’re looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best – contact us today!
The Spirit of the Position:
The Senior Project Manager oversees the operations of an assigned portfolio of locations, under the direction of the Director of Operations to ensure 24/7 professional parking management. As a company devoted to promoting an employee-focused servant leadership culture, the Senior Project Manager will support the programs and initiatives originating from our home office and help to support the individual needs of their operational teams throughout their assigned location(s).
Principal Job Duties:
- Lead, direct, and develop team of employees to accomplish annual and periodic goals/initiatives, while embodying and using LAZ Parking’s culture as a guideline.
- Identifying high potential employees to support the organization’s continued growth.
- Responsible for the oversight of payroll processing ensuring Project Managers work with Human Resources Business Partners to meet deadlines to ensure proper wage and hour compliance.
- Responsible for executing plan for the opening of newly assigned locations.
- Responsible for financial management of assigned locations ensuring adherence to budget and revenue enhancements.
- Oversee the transition of newly assigned locations from acceptance of contract through opening of location ensuring client satisfaction.
- Responsible for developing client relationships and business retention.
- Organize and narrate parking management skills for Project Managers, Assistant Managers and Team Leaders.
- Understand, implement, and deliver all requirements that are outlined within the contractual agreement between LAZ Parking and our clients.
- Assist the region with the operations preparation for potential new locations including rate surveys, ticket pulls, etc.
- Daily, Weekly, Monthly, and Annual financial and operational reports as required.
- Ensuring that increased revenue, managed expenses, and customer satisfaction is maximized by maintaining the highest level of service thresholds and initiatives that are aligned with the expectations of our various clients.
- Managing, planning, scheduling, training, and directing the activities of Project Managers, Assistant Managers and Team Leaders which may require compliance with the Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Implement and complete other projects, programs, and initiatives that may arise from the operation of assigned location(s).
- Participate in labor contract management if applicable to assigned location(s).
- Communicate with local police department and emergency management teams regarding operations.
- Organize and manage the oversight of event operations within LAZ Parking.
- Assist with the monitoring, review, and analysis of the market rate structures.
- Implementation and completion of other projects, programs, and initiatives that may arise from assigned location(s).
- Additional related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years in Management role.
- Parking management experience is required.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, Power Point and General Microsoft Office Applications.
- Ability to seek improvement and create an environment of idea sharing and creative problem solving.
- Strong customer service skills and abilities.
- Ability to be approachable and facilitate coaching conversations with employees and managers.
- Ability to mitigate and lead others to overcome challenges (Never Ever Give Up Attitude).
- Ability to encourage open expression of ideas and opinions.
- Excellent teambuilding and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to interpret policies, procedures, and standard business practices.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.
- Willingness to work in the elements – heat, wind, snow, rain, etc.
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 25 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk and run for extended periods of time.
- Ability bend, stoop, squat and lift frequently throughout a shift.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.