Laureate Education, Inc. (NASDAQ:LAUR) is a leading provider of post-secondary education on an international scale. Laureate offers high-quality undergraduate, graduate, and specialized degree programs in a wide range of academic disciplines that result in strong employment and social mobility outcomes for its students. The Company is dedicated to being a Movement of change in the higher education industry and the communities that it serves, with a focus on preparing its students to engage and positively contribute to their communities and to the world. Laureate is one of the largest Public Benefit Corporations (PBC), a new class of corporation committed to creating a positive impact on society. After becoming a publicly listed company on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange, the Company became the first PBC to go public on any stock exchange in the world.
Laureate embraces three main operating principles: collaboration, outcomes, and innovation. These core principals are central to how we will achieve our operating plans. Equally important is our people! Laureate is committed to fostering authentic and empathic leaders that will create a positively energized work environment and unleash the best in our employees. For more information, visit www.laureate.net
The Sr. Project Manager is a member of the corporate technology team and is responsible for leading and managing financial systems project delivery. This role is the primary interface for Laureate’s global network of universities and in this capacity, the Sr. Project Manager will direct the scope of projects, communicate with customers, relationship managers, implementation teams globally, and manage projects from inception through completion. This role is responsible for ensuring adherence to Laureate’s Global PMO governance and standards. In addition, the individual performs supervisory and mentoring services to PMO governed projects in various locales.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for managing and leading global software implementation and IT projects for multiple teams
- Providing strategic and tactical planning for project leadership throughout all phases of project lifecycle, from initiation and planning phases through production support, including forecasting, setting objectives, and determining course of action
- Project experience in PeopleSoft FSCM doing large global implementations
- Experience understanding implementations, requirement gathering, design, development and testing PeopleSoft FSCM
- Experience in leading functional implementations and/or upgrades as a client or consultant member
- Maintains project documentation including plans, schedules and status reports. Communicates project status to stakeholders and management
- Experience providing technology solutions for PeopleSoft financial systems
- Responsible and accountable for scope management, including positioning and closing change orders
- Responsible for coordination of resources (internal and external, onshore and offshore)
- Responsible for all project administration according to Laureate’s project management methodology
- Responsible and accountable for financial management of the engagement, as well as timely and accurate staff evaluations
- Assist with scoping and proposal development of new opportunities
- Travel as required to support client and internal business requirements
- Works closely with project managers on US and international project initiatives that are managed using the PMO methodology. Delivers the necessary IT CapEx and OpEx project documentation and monthly resource allocations
- A minimum of 10+ years of progressive information technologyexperience in project implementation and PMO organizations in a collaborative IT service focused environment.
- Strong knowledge of numerous full lifecycle implementations in PeopleSoft Financials
- Excellent knowledge of PeopleSoft financials modules: GL, AP, AM, EX, ePro, PO, TR, AR/BI) in version 9.x
- Ability to build and maintain executive relationships – Leadership in building and guiding effective teams
- Ability to motivate coworkers through implementations – excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A solid background of experience and an impressive record of innovation and attainment of goals in complex organizations, especially in a global enterprise environment and matrix organizations.
- Previous international experience is preferred as well as the ability to travel extensively.
- Experience in directing and managing within a dynamic and challenging environment, working inclusively through people to achieve shared objectives.
- Global experience is a plus
- Spanish and/or Portuguese verbal and written communications skills required
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred; MBA a plus