Senior Project Manager
5 - 7 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Tracking Code3103Job Description
Latham & Watkins, a global law firm consistently ranked among the top firms in the world, is currently seeking a Senior Project Manager to join our winning team, located in our Global Services Office in downtown Los Angeles. The success of our firm is largely determined by our commitment to hire and develop the very best and brightest, creating a team that provides our clients with the highest quality of work and service. We are driven by our core values: respect, innovation and collaboration.
The Senior Project Manager will receive a generous total compensation package. Bonuses are awarded in recognition of individual and firm performance. Eligible employees can participate in Latham's comprehensive benefit program including healthcare, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401k plan, and more! In addition, employees receive 10 paid holidays per year, and a PTO program that accrues 23 days during the first year of employment and grows with tenure.
As a Senior Project Manager at Latham, you will be responsible for the overall project management of assigned internal firm projects and initiatives (this does not pertain to client matter management). You will also contribute to the expansion of the core capabilities of the Advisory group’s project management services by creating and maintaining tools that support a uniform approach to project management across the firm. You will support the firm by using your experience and understanding of process reengineering principles and project management principles to support the effective implementation of new methods and approaches to meet firm needs, while accomplishing these and other critical functions:
- Leading assigned projects from beginning to end, which includes identifying customer needs, prioritizing requirements, defining project scope, defining/communicating individual roles of each project team member (from project staff to sponsors), developing budget projections, building the project plan, managing customers’ expectations, and documenting all project-related activities.
- Identifying core functions of business processes relevant to the project/process being studied, working effectively to develop an expert understanding of the existing process.
- Using knowledge of effective process reengineering principles to recommend effective business processes that reflect the culture and realities of the firm and its people.
- Quickly building strong, collaborative relationships with key project stakeholders and using those relationships to persuade and influence team members as necessary to achieve effective project outcomes.
- Guiding teams and functions across the firm using principles of consulting while simultaneously taking an ownership stake in the results.
- Providing strategic advice and feedback to senior management regarding the benefits or disadvantages of current and proposed projects.
- Developing appropriate communication tools and plans to facilitate change management as necessary.
As a Senior Project Manager, you will be expected to apply your organizational and communication skills while displaying a positive, high-energy attitude. The successful Senior Project Manager must have analytical, negotiation and project management skills to handle large scale multi-function projects. The ideal candidate should demonstrate superior judgment, and be meticulous, customer service focused and results-driven. He or she should have the organizational skills needed to manage time well, and prioritize shifting demands and timelines. The candidate should also possess professional interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with individuals at all organizational levels within the firm, to work in a team environment and to deliver compelling and persuasive presentations. The candidate must have the ability to apply process reengineering principles to a law firm environment, and have proficiency in PC applications, including MS Office.
A Project Management Professional Certification is preferred. A Bachelor’s degree in any field of science or business is required. A minimum five (5) years’ experience working in a lead project management role; five (5) years’ experience in the area of business process redesign; and three (3) years’ experience in the area of technology/systems implementations are also required.
Some travel is required (5-15% of time).
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by clicking the ‘Apply Now’ link.
Latham & Watkins is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity, equal opportunity and sustainability enables Latham & Watkins to draw from a remarkable wealth of talent to create one of the world's leading law firms.