Senior Project Manager
11 - 15 years experience • Software
Minimum 10 years of experience as a Project Manager.
This position is for a senior experienced project manager to lead multiple Information Technology (IT) programs/projects supporting DTMB - Chief Security Officer (CSO) organization. Projects/programs are primarily complex enterprise initiatives related to I T Security and Infrastructure as prioritized by State. Project manager’s role and responsibility includes, but is not limited to:
• Provide project management for project activities to ensure that the project is completed on time, within budget and within scope.
• Define project scope, duration, resources and cost, as well as the best course of action/approach to attain the project objectives.
• Provide project management for project scheduling, tracking, issue management, risk management, change management, and status reporting.
• Follow the State Unified Information Technology Environment (SUITE) Project Management Methodology (PMM) and System Engineering Methodology (SEM), based on Industry standard PMI framework and SEI’s CMMI framework.
• Utilize the State’s Project Portfolio Management (PPM) tool (Changepoint) on all projects.
• Plans and coordinates work with teams. Designs and implements project plans. Generally work withother IT managers and IT technical teams. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Acts as a program manager for large complex enterprise IT Security initiatives.
• Acts as a partner to other project managers performing Project Management Quality Assurance for their projects.
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A significant degree of creativity and latitude is required. Works under limited supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment
• Self-directed and independent. Responsible for the coordination and completion of projects. Oversees all aspects of projects. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of project. Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project.
• Creates a structure and organization for the management of a complex environment with emphasis on quality, productivity, and consistency. Directs corrective actions in any area where performance falls below objectives.