Kimley-Horn is looking for a practice builder and hands on manager to help grow our land development team in our Phoenix, Arizona office.
This individual will have an entrepreneurial spirit and create a vision for growth for a local Land Development practice. This individual will also be provided the support to develop and grow their own projects and clients and team around them.
This individual will also be provided the support to develop and grow their own projects, clients and team around them. This person will be responsible for leading the business development effort, managing relationships with key clients and leading/completing project tasks. Markets are not limited by geography but driven by relationships. The successful candidate will have a great deal of autonomy to lead, direct, and grow their business.
Leadership responsibilities include:
- Operating with integrity and sound business principles
- Providing practice vision, business planning and strategy, establishing goals, building and maintaining positive client relationships
- Open communication with partners and team, along with growing and directing a Land Development practice.
- Manage projects profitably, transition work to qualified staff, grow and mentor staff, help recruit, and be a positive role model
Management responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Meeting or exceeding client expectations
- Identifying and tracking leads
- Making presentations, writing proposals and scopes of work
- Establishing budgets, ensuring quality and timeliness of deliverables, and supervising the execution of work.
- Accounting, administrative, marketing, recruiting, IT and production support will be provided.
- With success, this individual will enjoy the rewards of a performance based work environment and can advance to ownership.
- Local (state of Arizona) track record of winning work
- Extensive client contacts and relationships with local or national architects, developers, land use attorneys, planners and land owners as well as local jurisdictional staff.
- Registered engineer with 12 or more years of diversified experience in growing and leading a land development practice in the Arizona market (residential, commercial, industrial and/or institutional).
- Business development and marketing experience including; writing proposals, scopes of work, and budgets for projected work.
- Ability to effectively communicate positively at all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency managing and mentoring staff in a positive manner.
- Demonstrated experience managing land development project profitably.