We are seeking a Senior Project Manager, to oversee Public sector construction projects including; Courts, Correctional Facilities, Municipalities. The Senior Project Manager will manage all construction activities, project procurement, control and scheduling. Ensure project scope, meeting minutes, job safety, quality assurance and change order requests are in compliance with contract documents. Monitoring, controlling and updating project schedules, owner contracts and construction contracts. Serve as a technical source of information on project plans, specifications, requests for information and shop drawings.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Project Manager will have hands-on experience with project controls and prolog or other project management and spreadsheet software.
- Prepare instructions and coordinate bidding process; review subcontractor bids for conformance, qualifications and financial factors.
- Confer with the Project Superintendent and others to provide input for the pre-bid and master construction schedule. Ensure the preparation of the detailed construction phase schedule.
- Excellent leadership, organizational and written/oral communication skills required.
- Ability to build and maintain effective and professional working relationships with project managers, owners, architects, engineers, subcontractors, and suppliers.
- The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who works well in a team environment.
- Implement assigned duties with an exceptional level of accuracy, timeliness and cost effectiveness.
- Ensure all project estimates are prepared in accordance with the requirements of the project. Become familiar with each estimate to fully support its integrity.
- Negotiate and prepare subcontracts, contract purchase orders, agreement change orders and change order requests.
- Monitor the financial responsibility and past performance of subcontractors prior to award of any subcontract. Prepare subcontractor pre-award checklist.
- Review the subcontract pre-billing worksheet and monthly progress payment request; and monitor payment receipts and disbursements.
- Monitor all outstanding owner change orders and change order requests.
- Control job cost system, information and analysis.
- Prepare monthly project forecasts, cost reports and construction billing forecasts.
- Assure all project activities and closeout efforts are executed after proper planning has been done to conform to standards and specifications.
- Supervise, mentor and perform regular performance evaluations for all employees assigned to this position.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of architecture, engineering and construction management industry including current conditions and industry network.
- Must have technical knowledge, scheduling and organizational skills. Leadership of bid process and project forecasting is required. Excellent verbal, written and facilitation skills; including the ability to influence, negotiate and explain complex processes to clients and staff. Effective computer skills including proficient use of Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint software required, and project management (Prolog) and scheduling database (P6) software preferred.
- Ability to provide leadership and financial management support to a project team.
- Ability to demonstrate the competencies of achieving results, communication and building teamwork.
- Commitment to the values of Kitchell with attention to honesty and integrity, quality of work, customer satisfaction, people development, profitability and managing change.
Education and Experience
- CM at Risk, Design Build, Lease-Lease Back and/or P3 project experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university in architecture, engineering, construction management or related field.
- Minimum 15 years’ progressive and position related work experience in construction management, and at least 10 years related work experience managing two or more employees required.
- General Contractors License, LEED Professional Accreditation or Certified Construction Manager (CCM) preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must regularly work in an office and or construction environment.
- Conditions regularly include exposure to outdoor elements, hot/cold temperatures, wet conditions, noise, atmospheric conditions and cramped quarters.
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
- Must frequently travel and relocate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must regularly sit, stand, walk, talk or hear and use hands to finger, feel and handle; frequently reach with hands and arms; occasionally climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must frequently lift and or move 10 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
About Our Company
Kitchell is an employee-owned company with a nearly 70-year history in general contracting, construction management, development, facilities management, engineering and architecture and myriad other services within the built environment. Our employee-owners manage projects from main offices in Arizona, California and Texas. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that fosters personal and professional growth with in-house education programs, formal and informal mentoring and cross-training opportunities. We prefer to grow from within, building careers and financial stability through long-term ownership. We are consistently ranked among the top places to work, attributable to our tenured staff and outstanding benefits including profit-sharing, discretionary stock options, incentive bonuses, health and life insurance, health savings accounts (HSA) with wellness incentives, 401(k), college savings plans, business travel assistance and insurance, discounted auto and homeowners insurance, identity theft protection, rewards programs and much more.
Kitchell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.