A career with Kerry Taste & Nutrition offers you an opportunity to shape how people across the globe view food and beverage while providing you opportunities to explore and grow as your interests do. With our commitment to a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about.
Where You'll Work
Our Beloit, WI location is home to our Corporate Headquarters for the North American Region. This location has approximately
700 employees at this location that in roles such as regulatory, RD&A, finance, procurement, supply chain and customer care. It is easily commutable from the Rockford, Madison, and Milwaukee areas. You'll enjoy your time inside and outside of the office as we offer a full cafeteria, fitness center, and beautiful walking paths around the campus. This location is involved and committed to giving back to the community multiple times throughout the year through our Kerry Employee Engagement Program volunteering with various organizations.
What You'll Do
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for managing specific projects throughout the project lifecycle, from original concept through post implementation and also providing a governance and coaching role for certain projects as required by the Business. This role will be highly visible within the organisation and will need to be able to drive sponsorship and stakeholder management across all levels and areas of the business.
- Responsible for the scoping, planning, executing and reporting of projects according to strict deadlines and within budget.
- Develop and/or review estimates and estimating assumptions for project schedules, effort, and cost using established estimating models, best practices, and past experience.
- Develop, implement, and maintain the Management Plan, including risk management, project change management, project measurement, and quality management plans.
- Measure and monitor progress at clearly defined points in the process to ensure that the project is delivered on time, within budget, and that it meets or exceeds expectations. Balance scope, schedule, budget, quality, and risks. Make adjustments as necessary.
- Owns communication of the project status to the sponsor and stakeholder community.
- Ensure that all requirements, project plans, and changes to commitment are communicated to the project sponsor and all affected team members.
- Maintain strategic alignment of related projects by analysing charters and reviewing with management decision makers.
- Define and drive "rightsized" project management processes for each project, leveraging the KDM Project Management Methodology.
- Perform project team management, driving motivation, collaboration and performance.
- Drive cross project knowledge across related projects and best practice sharing and standardisation across the business
- Provide an environment conducive to the mentoring, coaching and training apprentice PMs
- Play a proactive role in the promotion and development of project management (KDM) methods and standards, implementation of good project management practice.
- Provide governance, coaching and monitoring of certain projects as required by the business.
What You'll Need
Education: Bachelor’s in project management, Business or related field
Travel: As required (approx. 30%)
- Key competencies required; critical thinking, problem solving, decision-making, influencing, project planning, negotiation and stakeholder management
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, including proven ability to establish and run effective Steering Committees. Effective negotiation skills
- Ability to lead and coach cross-functional teams within a fast moving global organisation
- Willingness to be ‘hands-on’ when required
- Direct experience in project management with expert knowledge of project management techniques and tools
- A recognised project management qualification/membership would be advantageous but not essential
Education and Experience
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools
- 5+ years direct work experience in project management capacity leading E2E
- Strong planning and project management skills
- Ability to lead and coach multiple stakeholders at all levels (including executives)
- Strong Analytical skills with high business acumen
- Flexible and adaptable with excellent ability to work cross functionally within an organisation
- Agile, flexible and ability to work in a vary ambiguous environments