ABOUT THE JOB
Within the ETS Planning Office, leads large and complex, high-priority infrastructure projects which usually impact multiple Lines Of Business (LOB) and/or functional areas and often require considerable resources and high levels of functional integration. Takes projects from original concept through final implementation using the Standard Project Lifecycle, ensuring all Quality Milestones and Tollgate Reviews are effectively performed and approved. Ensures Business Partners fully understand the Standard Project Lifecycle and their required roles in the process. Develops, grows partnerships and foster relationships with senior functional managers and their management teams. Establishes and maintains a trusted advisor relationship with ETS business leaders. Participates in business unit planning activities, demonstrates relevant and comprehensive knowledge of infrastructure capabilities (mainframe/distributed platforms, network/cloud/voice, end user computing, code management/DevOps, testing automation) to solve business problems with appropriate solutions, and sets/receives direction to achieve business objectives. Provides tactical leadership of project demand, supporting business leaders and project managers in managing project scope, scope changes, objectives, requirements, deliverables, and value proposition to maximize return on investments, and maintain compliance with relevant standards. Reports to the Planning Office Director
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Leads one or more complex infrastructure projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, which may include directing third party resources as well as virtual teams. Projects are of a more significant scope and complexity that usually impact multiple Lines of Business as well as functional areas and application teams, may have executive sponsorship and in some cases a steering or advisory committee and may span several years. Accountable to deliver the project portfolio on time and on budget.
- Cultivates a team environment of continuous learning to build business acumen, technical skills, and leadership behaviors in support of cross-enterprise opportunities.
- Drafts and submits project budget proposals and subsequent budget changes; oversees and conducts cost forecasting and actual tracking as well as variance reporting.
- Defines and manages project scope, scope changes, objectives, requirements, deliverables, and value proposition that support the diverse business goals and interests of multiple stakeholders.
- Develops integrated project plan; identifies and manages project dependencies and critical paths; and tracks/reports project milestones as well as status.
- Ensures potential impacts to external client and internal employee experience are addressed in project solution/plan.
- Accountable for effective capacity plan by estimating internal/external resources needed to achieve project goals; tracks utilization; determines and assesses need for additional staff and/or vendors; manages on/off-boarding; and monitors/manages vendor performance on labor resources.
- Identifies, tracks, escalates and resolves issue conflicts; performs impact analysis and prioritization; manages project dependencies and track/monitors/escalates as necessary; and escalates risks with corrective/ mitigating actions.
- Leads development of change management planning, design and implementation including communication and training.
- Monitors project for adherence to the project lifecycle framework (e.g. Standard PLC, SDLC, etc.).
- Manages documentation and the knowledge transfer to the “Run” functions; conducts “lesson-learned” reviews.
- Manages and improves established project delivery performance by reviewing metrics and lessons learned, producing management reporting, and other reviews (e.g. scorecard) to maintain or grow project delivery performance.
- Manages the execution of vendor contract(s) and ensures adherence to contract provisions, where applicable.
Education/Certifications: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required. Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or equivalent preferred.
Experience: 5+ years of project management experience, including 2+ years of complex infrastructure project management experience required. Combination of exposure to mainframe/distributed platforms, network/cloud/voice, end user computing, code management/DevOps, testing automation and the integration of consuming applications is preferred.
Competencies and Skills:
- Works autonomously and demonstrates strong Key leadership competencies; organized, self-disciplined leader with ability to influence broadly, lead updates with senior executives, and direct the work of other project managers/team members towards common outcomes and strategy execution; demonstrates influence & challenge skills
- Strategic thinker; demonstrates the ability to anticipate client needs; ability to identify & solve complex problems utilizing strong conflict management skills; takes initiative to plan and execute across multiple levels of the organization; consistently meets project budget, schedule, scope & risk targets; may manage the execution of vendor contracts
- Understands business model and project contribution to meet business strategy, including financial & risk impacts
- Possess strong written, verbal, and presentation skills; ability to adjust communication to audience
- Clearly articulates vision of projects future state impact to business strategy
- Assesses & coaches team member to both strengths and developmental needs; fosters and encourages open & honest feedback; learns from feedback to drive personal improvement
- Proactively manages risks to minimize occurrence of issues; comfortable in an environment of risk and uncertainty; performs impact analysis and prioritization; identifies corrective/ mitigating actions; Demonstrated ability to escalate risks/issues timely and motivate others to resolve; provides effective reporting of impact and status; identifies and manages project dependencies