As a Sr. Project Manager in the CGI Project Management Office, your involvement in the achievement of the projects & transitions is to contribute of the success of any project work on. You will primary manage Infrastructure related projects working at the Client site.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Deliver expected project margin/profitability
• Document and assess impacts of project change requests in a timely manner
• Execute various activities to deliver projects using the project plan, work plan, risk log, communication plan, issue logs and resolution as well as managed change requests,
• Plan, organize, manage and communicate the activities to ensure the project objectives meet to client satisfaction, team and executive
• Ensure good management of activities, quality deliverables and use of the CGI quality processes (CPMF)
• Ensure time charged by members applied to the appropriate task and control the project budget.
• Complete satisfaction surveys with the client upon project completion and obtain signoff.
• Obtain engagement and approvals by all players; individual members, teams and the client plus suppliers.
• Maintain the healthy management of your project by mitigating risks and defining resolution plans for addressing issues
• Ensure your projects are auditable (CGI quality processes applied)
• Contribute to client satisfaction appraisal throughout the delivery of your projects
• Obtain, validate and understand the cost model and project profit margin for every project you are assigned,
• Define functional structure of the project; prepare work plans for planning and scheduling the required resources
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 10+ Years of progressive experience in IS/IT Infrastructure roles dealing with a combination of Network / Servers / Desktop / Data Centre / Outsourcing / Helpdesk / Virtualization / Cloud / Remote Access / Information Security, etc.
• Has successfully managed the delivery of between 4 and 10 medium complexity projects;
• From 500 to 3,000 person days of effort
• Generating revenue between $250K and $3M,
• Duration of 6 to 12 months
• Managed 1 or more internal and or external partners and suppliers
• Teams of 5 to 10 (or more) members
• Has executed various activities to deliver projects using, the project plan, work plan, risk log, communication plan, issue logs and resolution as well as managed change requests,
• Has planned, organized, managed and communicated the activities to ensure the project objectives are met to the satisfaction of the client, team and executives;
• Has ensured good management of activities, quality deliverables and use of the CGI quality processes;
• Has strong communication skills in providing pertinent and precise information to the appropriate audience which can be the client, delivery and or operational teams;
• Has ensured time charged by members was applied to the appropriate task and has control of the project budget.
• Has completed satisfaction surveys with the client upon project completion and obtained signoff.
• Has obtained engagement and approvals by all players; individual members, teams and the client plus suppliers.
• Has completed lessons learned.
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
• Post-secondary education in a relevant discipline or equivalent work experience
Nice to Have
Experience managing internal and/or external partners and suppliers would be considered an asset
Security clearance: Government of Canada – Level II – Secret is an asset
Certification: Project Management institute (PMI) is an asset.
Position ID: J0418-0588