Balfour Beatty Construction in Southern California (San Diego, CA area) is seeking a Senior Project Manager - Integrated Projects. This role will work on Design-Build and CM At-Risk projects in the following market sectors (Higher Education, Criminal Justice and Civic) in the dollar value ranges of $50M to $250M. Additionally, this role will require travel equal to or greater than 75% of the time.
The primary role of the Senior Project Manager is to be the primary company representative responsible for the design administration and client expectations from pursuit to start of construction. The responsibilities include knowing and understanding project details and overseeing the direction of the design team to produce a design that complies with all aspects of the owner’s requirements while maintaining the budget. Collaborates with and helps transition the project to the on-site job team to ensure that the project is built effectively and efficiently according to the design documents.
The Senior Project Manager is to be proficient in the advanced skills required to assist in the preparation of estimates in a way similar to a lead estimator. Assists the Chief Estimator in finalizing and assembling the budget, leveraging their experience on the procurement process as they are assigned the most complicated portions of a project. Helps the company gain an advantage during a pursuit or on bid day. Advanced skills includes the review of construction documents, preparation of cost estimates, management of subcontractor participation, teaming decisions, assistance with the bid process, chairs design meetings and maintenance of estimating databases. In addition to project duties, they are engaged in project pursuits, proposal development and business acquisition duties such as purchasing.
- Oversees the development, execution and presentation of proposals.
- Oversees and monitor team based relationships.
- Tracks leads via partner relationships and referrals in business development capacity.
- Coordinates with Legal/Risk regarding policies relating to teaming, contracts and pursuits.
- Attends functions in a relationship building capacity.
- Helps establish and manage client and team member expectations.
- Supports best value bid process with bid day activities and oversight.
- Participates in the decision process for blending partners into winning teams.
- Oversees global project team during project pursuit.
- Training and staff development.
- Assists as needed with purchasing.
- Develops design deliverable schedule and be responsible for progress.
- Monitors risk and budget as well as the contract deliverable schedule.
- Reviews and approves deliverables.
- Verify agreements with strategic partners, draft contracts to execution.
- Informs Director and BUL of issues and status.
- When assigned, manages design build process, serves design manager role and LLC staff.
- Encourages employee growth by mentoring and managing development plans.
- Develops documents and maintains the delivery process and coordinate same with SOP.
- Identify, hire and create development plans for individuals.
- Participates in trade organizations.
- Builds effective relationships with customers, design team, subcontractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customer’s expectations.
- Actively participates in industry, client, and community relations to enhance company image.
- Makes presentations to proactively seek new business opportunities through relationships.
- 10 or more years of experience in a commercial construction Business Acquisition or Operations role.
- Supervises and develops direct reports while prioritizing and delegating significant responsibilities to others.
- Experienced and familiar with team based delivery, contracting and the design-build process.
- Must be willing to travel 75% or more of the time.
- B.S. in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field preferred.
- Design-Build and CM At-Risk projects in the following market sectors (Higher Education, Criminal Justice and Civic).
- Demonstrates leadership skills with ability and willingness to face challenges, solve problems, and motivate others, while maintaining effective relationships with customers by meeting or exceeding their requirements and expectations.
- Manages essential functions effectively by consistently driving for quality, profitable, safe, and timely results on the assigned project.
- Demonstrates solid presentation skills and verbal/written skills.