Requisition ID 2017-6637
Inovalon is a leading technology company that combines advanced cloud-based data analytics and data-driven intervention platforms to achieve meaningful insight and impact in clinical and quality outcomes, utilization, and financial performance across the healthcare landscape. Inovalon's unique achievement of value is delivered through the effective progression of Turning Data into Insight, and Insight into Action.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the overall delivery and execution of Technology and Enterprise projects and providing oversight to various levels of project managers. The incumbent will collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure cutting edge innovative projects are planned and delivered with quality. They will develop and maintain an expert level of knowledge regarding products and services of the Company to achieve product development and functionality. This will be achieved holistically via three major aspects, managing projects, initiating new processes and developing teams.
- Participate with key stakeholders in the delivery of strategic enterprise and technology initiatives;
- Define, plan and manage all project management related activities that are part of the Enterprise/Technology Portfolio including coordinating with business/product, software development, operations and quality assurance teams to plan and deliver the required functionality;
- Develop and maintain a professional level of knowledge regarding products and services of the Company to achieve product development and functionality requirements;
- Collaborate effectively with the business analysts to ensure that the projects are delivered with quality;
- Drive the optimization of the existing PM methodology within an Agile development environment;
- Manage projects by defining scope, schedules, deliverables and risk plans;
- Focus on regular and timely delivery of value;
- Organize and lead project status, prepare and distribute progress reports and correct deviations from plans;
- Initiate process through managing the impact of on operational processes, help with delivery planning for multiple product lines;
- Improve and maintain up-to-date organizational process assets, initiate and lead Project Management Office (PMO) with tactical improvements and project management best practices;
- Develop project teams by holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work;
- Manage interdependencies, leverage organizational resources to improve capacity for program work; and
- Communicate program progress and issues to management.
Eight (8) plus years’ experience managing high volume application development projects;
Knowledgeable in PMBOK/PMI project management principles and theories;
- Strong leadership skills; steward change though the department as necessary focusing on a collaborative approach and buy in with the constituents;
- Proven ability to initiate and drive projects through to completion;
- Proven ability to provide technical direction and vision for Big Data Analytics;
- Confidence and ability to influence team members and business partners toward common goals;
- Must possess superior oral and written communications skills in order to clearly and effectively convey issues, reports, and other deliverables;
- Ability to interface comfortably with the Senior Leaders to develop an understanding of needs. Must be responsive, action-oriented and able to build trust with various stakeholders;
- Project Management skills: project initiation, project plan creation, resource allocation, time/schedule management, risk management, budget tracking, prioritization, status; and
- Proven success in delivering projects in a matrix resource organization.