At Woodard & Curran, there’s nothing we love more than a tough engineering challenge. Within our Industrial & Commercial business unit, we handle a wide range of manufacturing and utility related issues—solving complex problems with creativity and tenacity. That’s how we make a difference to our clients, people, and planet. Our company was founded on a simple concept: provide a safe and enjoyable place to work with opportunity, integrity, and commitment, and we will attract talented people. Those people are at the heart of our firm, solving some of the most pressing industrial manufacturing and sustainability challenges for our clients.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Manager with a background in design and management of industrial projects! The professional selected for this critical role will have strong business development, project management and team building skills, and an interest in expanding into a leadership role for a growing national practice for a privately-owned company.
This role includes client development and management, support in the hiring, development and mentorship of staff, the management of multi-discipline teams in the delivery of work products, and participation in the development of strategic business plans. This is a tremendous opportunity to join our growing practice which is focused on the pursuit of industrial engineering and design build projects in industries such as food and beverage, consumer products, and life sciences. You will lead project delivery teams in the provision of high-quality service and work closely with our sales-focused team members to develop and expand client relationships. You will be joining a strong existing industrial manufacturing process and utilities practices located in our Maine and Georgia offices and will have the opportunity to help build and mold the team of the future as we continue our national expansion. You will be able to develop opportunities for and lead teams in both engineering and turnkey design build projects in collaboration with our Woodard and Curran Constructors team.
What’s in it for you?
- The chance to build and lead your local industrial manufacturing / process design team for a well-established, privately owned national environmental consulting firm.
- Leadership opportunities through engagement with the senior Woodard & Curran technical practice, business development, and company leaders as we grow our national practice, particularly in the mid-west and western US.
- Flexible work environment and competitive benefits.
- Strong bonus potential.
- Relocation assistance.
- Develop and maintain relationships with new and or established clients leading to the procurement of industrial manufacturing or other multi-disciplinary engineering or design build projects.
- Industrial manufacturing / utilities areas include:
- Packaging: Filling and Packaging, Equipment Integration, Labeling and RFID systems, Conveyor Layouts, Packaging Design.
- Process Technologies: Skid Modularization, Pasteurization, Ultraviolet Light Sterilization, CIP & SIP Skids, Blending Systems.
- Utilities: Ammonia Refrigeration, Utility Process and Pump Skids, Power Distribution, HVAC, Cogeneration, Thermal Recovery, Compressed Air Systems, Boiler Systems, Chemical Storage, Chillers & Cooling Towers
- Design Build / Const. Services: Turn Key systems, bid package development, Contractor prequalification, Bidding and negotiating services, Material & equipment procurement, On-site management, Site health & safety, Vendor startup coordination, Equipment and process qualification.
- Plastic Process / Manufacturing: Resin storage and handling, Injection molding, Preform conveying, Blow molding, Empty container conveying, Bottle storage silos, Bottle unscrambling.
- Material Handling: Automated Storage Retrieval System, Rainbow packing systems, Automated and Self-Guided Vehicles, Loading dock equipment, Conveyance, Automation controls, Line Integration.
- Facility / Building / Site Concept: Building planning, Modeling, Adjacency matrices, NFPA & XP audits.
- Work with Woodard & Curran’s sales and marketing team to develop strategies for expanding our market share and broadening the services offered to our existing clients.
- Provide leadership and technical/regulatory advice and guidance to clients and our technical practice teams for the feasibility determination, planning, cost estimating, design, permitting, and construction phase services for industrial manufacturing and process engineering projects.
- Manage projects and project teams including scope, schedule, budget and production of high-quality design deliverables.
- Business development, including preparation of proposals, project interviews and marketing activities.
- Lead and complete technical tasks as required to support industrial manufacturing projects.
- Identify and support the recruitment of key individuals necessary to grow the practice area and support key initiatives.
- Provide mentoring, training and career advancement support for staff.
- Professional Engineering Registration.
- Minimum of 15 years of professional experience with an engineering consulting or design firm.
- 5+ years as a Project Manager with proven track record of successful project management.
- BS degree or equivalent, MS (with a focus on manufacturing or utilities) preferred.
- Client focused as a “Seller/Doer” with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Demonstrated ability to produce and present high-quality winning proposals.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage projects from conceptual design through construction, design/build experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently and on large multi-disciplinary teams.
- Outstanding written and verbal skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to mentor and develop a project team.